Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Shupe
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was a kid, my aunts and uncles played a boardgame that fascinated me, but they wouldn't let me play because I wasn't old enough.

The game came out around 1970 (give or take) and was combination puzzle/battle game.

There two sides and at least two players to a side. The game started with the players laying terrain pieces from their side of the board (jigsaw style pieces I think) and built a map across which they would battle. You could build evenly across your front, or try to build salients to the other side.

The playing pieces included infantry, tanks, paratroops and maybe planes. The pieces could be initially placed on the terrain pieces your side had played. Then the game would proceed as a battle, with some sort of dice based combat resolution, I think. Although it may have been a simpler roshambo style.

Seemed to be a fun game, but probably massively flawed compared to modern games. Yet I'd still like to know what the game was.

Anyone recognize it?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mayer
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Situation 4

maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Situation 4

Or the space version Situation 7
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginia M.P.
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But Situation 4 was for ages 8 and up, so essentially a family game. Wouldn't the OP have been allowed to play?
Or I guess he was really young at the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton (St. Louis)
Missouri
flag msg tools
After all, gas can is my middle name. Eh, not really.
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely 'Situation 4'. That was a favorite of mine. Two complete sets of the puzzle map, one in a greenish tint, one in a brownish tint. And then orange and yellow plastic pieces for the tanks, bridges, paratroops, and flags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Shupe
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's it exactly! Thanks!

I was at least 10 at the time ... I don't think that I was too young, I think they just having too much fun.

But Grandpa would always play Dominoes and 42 with us kids, so it all worked out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.