Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping this year I can find some folks to play some games that I haven't been able to get to the table yet. I've read all the rules but am not qualified to teach I'd say, so while it's a long shot, maybe someone who loves to teach one of these will join me.

Even if you don't know how to play, feel free to express interest and worst case I can read the rules again and we'll work it out

I'll be there Fri afternoon through Sunday early evening, with a couple slots already booked, but I'm pretty flexible.

Games I can bring and would love to try (in no particular order):

La Granja
Spirit Island
VAST: Crystal Caverns
Mage Knight (I played this once, two years ago)
The Castles of Burgundy
Elysium (just got this)
Nexus Ops
Simurgh (played once, but without the expansion)
Stronghold (1st edition)
Tokaido

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kublacon - looking to reduce my wall of shame - can you help?
I can bring Vast but no guarantees we'll encounter each other over a table. It's mighty competitive and crowded there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kublacon - looking to reduce my wall of shame - can you help?
Cinnibar wrote:
I can bring Vast but no guarantees we'll encounter each other over a table. It's mighty competitive and crowded there.

Thanks Jeff. If you're willing to agree on a timeframe, I can bring my copy of Vast. We should arrive Friday by 1 and I'm free until about 5. Saturday morning and evening is also open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jocelyn Koo
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am down for a game of castles. I can probably teach (maybe not really well because I haven’t played in awhile but I have played many times.) I would love to try out spirit island but I have never played it before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheesauce wrote:
I am down for a game of castles. I can probably teach (maybe not really well because I haven’t played in awhile but I have played many times.) I would love to try out spirit island but I have never played it before.

I'll re-watch the how to play video so I at least get how it's supposed to go, then we should be ok I'm sure we'll find others willing to play too if we set up a game in the general area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louie L
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wooden cube lover.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be down to teach/join a game of Castles of Burgundy. It's one of my favs, and I have it down at this point.

I could also be swayed to play a game of La Granja or Spirit Island, but those I've never played before, so I wouldn't be able to teach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheesauce wrote:

LouieSTFU wrote:
I'd be down to teach/join a game of Castles of Burgundy. It's one of my favs, and I have it down at this point.

I could also be swayed to play a game of La Granja or Spirit Island, but those I've never played before, so I wouldn't be able to teach.

Are both of you available Friday around 1:30p or Saturday morning at like 9? We could play CAstles, and then depending on the time, try La Granja or Spirit Island. We'll figure them out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jocelyn Koo
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can do Saturday but not Friday (I have work ) I am definitely down for any of those games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheesauce wrote:
I can do Saturday but not Friday (I have work ) I am definitely down for any of those games!

Cool. I'm free Saturday morning until about noon, and then for a few hours after 5. I'm running a game in the afternoon, so I kinda have to be there

Hopefully Louie will be available too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louie L
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
Wooden cube lover.
mbmbmbmbmb
oddbod wrote:
Cheesauce wrote:

Cool. I'm free Saturday morning until about noon, and then for a few hours after 5. I'm running a game in the afternoon, so I kinda have to be there

Hopefully Louie will be available too!

I can do those time slots for Saturday morning!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if this is a closed group but I'd love to learn Castles too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
culturejam wrote:
Not sure if this is a closed group but I'd love to learn Castles too!

I think I'll defer to Louie on player count, since he's teaching. My only constraint is I have to set up to run a tournament (unrelated) that starts at 1, so I need to start getting that ready by 12:15 or so.

That gives us 3 hours to play Castles, so if he's ok teaching a 4p game and thinks we can fit it in, then I'm all for another player! Otherwise we'll limit it to 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like Jocelyn had to drop out, but if culturejam drops by, we'll still have at least 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.