Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Hawes
United States
Ocoee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone played with the East, West, Mexico, and Canada maps in one game?
Can it be done?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
East, West, and Mexico together works. Canada is a different scale.

Unfortunately the brand new reprint maps have black borders that will hinder this, so you’ll need the last printing which is full wrap if you want to pull this off.

Personally I find even the East/West intercontinental game to overstay its welcome a bit length wise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Halaska
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools

The one time I played Trans-continental, it took about six hours, but only seemed like two, we were having so much fun. That said, I don't think we'll be doing it very often.

I can't imagine adding even more real estate with Mexico (or Canada if it matched) - the game would take all weekend!

NuMystic wrote:
East, West, and Mexico together works. Canada is a different scale.

Personally I find even the East/West intercontinental game to overstay it’s welcome length wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon G
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could see El Paso and maybe Chihuahua getting some play on a Denver network, but otherwise, unless there's 12 people playing, the rest of Mexico is too expensive, too far away, and not as profitable as much of the US.

I think you'd need some hefty bonus points or additional mechanisms (cattle!) that would attract southern development. I did a cattle variant with the full US map once, but it mostly made the game longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:

Unfortunately the brand new reprint maps have black borders that will hinder this

Not to mention they don't line up right. You have to overlap the boards to get the hexes right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.