Subject: Easy mode and inventory items/cards in hand rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've read a prior thread which says that if you die in Easy Mode (card 777) that you lose all cards in hand and in your inventory. I'd like to know if that's accurate as I'm not able to find that logical pathway in the rules.

The 777 card itself says
Spoiler (click to reveal)
If you lose the game, you may banish this to apply the following effect: Shuffle all the cards in the Discard Pile back into the Action Deck and continue your adventure!

Nothing about returning your hand and inventory items back to the action deck.

So I followed the logical trail back to p. 22 in the manual (Win or die!)

In the section defining what happens when "You lose...", it says nothing about returning your cards.

Under "eliminated character", it does say to return cards to the deck. But an "eliminated character" is defined as a character who received consequences of an action with the words "your adventure is over". An eliminated character is not one in which a curse card is pulled from the discard pile.

So in the absence of an explicit rule requiring return of cards, I think I feel comfortable keeping them. After all, the idol keeps you from dying so thematically it makes sense that you would just continue on with what you had before, with a restored Action Deck.

So, what is the consensus here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
schleima wrote:
I've read a prior thread which says that if you die in Easy Mode (card 777) that you lose all cards in hand and in your inventory.

First time ever I hear of that after more than 40 plays.
I see no reason to lose your inventory or the cards in your hand. Just banish card 777 and replenish your action deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sounds like maybe a house rule? I'm not aware of that penalty at all.

We do only what the car 777 says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.