Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raymond Fontaine
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about picking this up. I usually play 3 players, sometimes 4, and I hear that 3 is best, so that's a plus.
I don't mind tight games if we play 4. It's been awhile, but Ticket to Ride with the max amount of players (5 I think) gets really tight and that's fine with me.
Anyways, is this still a fun game for a husband, wife, and friend to play after a few plays? Longevity is important to me. Thanks for any input.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McComas
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dr Strangegame74 wrote:
I'm thinking about picking this up. I usually play 3 players, sometimes 4, and I hear that 3 is best, so that's a plus.
I don't mind tight games if we play 4. It's been awhile, but Ticket to Ride with the max amount of players (5 I think) gets really tight and that's fine with me.
Anyways, is this still a fun game for a husband, wife, and friend to play after a few plays? Longevity is important to me. Thanks for any input.

It'll depend on a whole slew of factors, but for me it's a definite keep forever + play once a month type of game. It's very competitive, despite the the Zen AF theme. This can surprise certain types of players...kind of like a cognitive dissonance because of how damn cute and beautiful it is out on the table. But somewhat more like a timeless classic rather than a cutesy family game--think chess, checkers or even backgammon--the game rewards clear thinking, strategic/tactical planning and awareness of your opponents. Much like the aforementioned classics, improvisation and adaptation are essential to successful play. All of that is true, but most amazingly, it's got a 4 page manual and about a 5-10 minute teaching time. I hope I'm not making it sound dry or too cerebral...I'm just truly astonished at how well designed Photosynthesis is, how relatively easy it is to grasp its rules/contours and how bottomless the replayability is for the types of gamers I usually play with. In short: GET IT!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally agree with John McComas!

After 5 plays i felt the game is too samey... but when i played my 6 game i realized the game got extremely samey BUT in a very good way, just like chess!

So yeah, not a game to play every week, but a keeper to play every now and then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Fontaine
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks, I'll try to get my hands on it then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Blom
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Got it! Not played it yet but I presume it will be fun with my kids (aged 6 and 8) and with my casual game group (no heavy complex stuff, just fun games.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.