Steve Crane
United Kingdom
Sandbach
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a backer of the KS campaign as I stumbled across this game and it looked great. I've decided to create this thread (as I do sometimes) to help promote the KS and share the campaigns' progress for people who may be interested

Pledge Prices

E $30 A copy of Gem Rush

E $60 2 copies of Gem Rush

Exclusive Kickstarter Content Included

A Digital copy of Gem Rush redeemable on Steam!

A Custom Gem Bag! bag W (Not actual size!)

Unlocked Stretch Goals

$8k - 7th Player content unlocked!

$10k - 2 New Skill Cards added to the game!

$12k - 2 New Skill Cards added to the game!

$14k - Tunnel Rooms added!

Stretch Goals

$16k - 2 New Skill Cards added to the game

Rules

https://www.victorypointgames.com/documents/GemRush2-Rules(K...

Kicktraq

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/567823005/gem-rush-second-e...

redtrain greentrain bluetrain Shipping bluetrain greentrain redtrain

Worldwide customs friendly shipping!

Estimated Shipping Costs (Multiple copies will be cheaper)

Continental US Shipping: $11

Canada Shipping: $16

Rest of World (includes Hawaii and Alaska) Shipping: $19

If you found this thread useful, please consider liking it so that others on BGG might see it and join the KS campaign!

Pop over to the Kickstarter to take a look!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/567823005/gem-rush-seco...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rees
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I can stop any time I want
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Update!! 138% Funded!! 1 Stretch Goal Unlocked!! 23 Days to Go!!
I'm also a backer and have played the game on Tabletopia. The game is an absolute blast and is worth the support. The shipping is a bit of a turn-off but I'm going to suck it up because the game is worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Update!! 138% Funded!! 1 Stretch Goal Unlocked!! 23 Days to Go!!
Thanks for your help, Steve!!

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crane
United Kingdom
Sandbach
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Update!! 143% Funded!! 1 Stretch Goal Unlocked!! 22 Days to Go!!
Happy to help!

Forgot to include the copy of the game on Steam, now added!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Update!! 143% Funded!! 1 Stretch Goal Unlocked!! 22 Days to Go!!
The designer is a high-powered game programmer in "real life," and he is doing the Gem Rush app game. Needless to say, that project is getting a lot of love from the digital team with Jeremy himself on it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Scott
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Update!! 145% Funded!! 1 Stretch Goal Unlocked!! 21 Days to Go!!
I own the first edition and LOVE it. I backed the new Kickstarter the day I saw it go up. Can't wait to see the improvements. If anyone is on the fence, just watch Dice Tower's review by Zee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Update!! 145% Funded!! 1 Stretch Goal Unlocked!! 21 Days to Go!!
Jeremy and I are doing a live stream over Kickstarter next week:

Kickstarter Livestream

On Saturday, April 28th at 1:00 pm PDT, we are hosting a Kickstarter Live event! Publisher Alan Emrich will do a brief interview with Gem Rush designer Jeremy Lennert about this exciting new edition of Gem Rush and then the floor will be open for your questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Scott
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Update!! 155% Funded!! 1 Stretch Goal Unlocked!! 15 Days to Go!!
Gonna miss the Live event. But for good reason, we going to feature Gem Rush at our board gaming group's weekly meeting and give a copy away.

If you could ask Alan a question; Has he thought about upgrading the room tiles to cardboard stock instead of the thin card stock? I know it would add cost to the game, but the tiles would butt up against each other a lot better and not move around as easily. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Update!! 155% Funded!! 1 Stretch Goal Unlocked!! 15 Days to Go!!
Quote:
If you could ask Alan a question; Has he thought about upgrading the room tiles to cardboard stock instead of the thin card stock? I know it would add cost to the game, but the tiles would butt up against each other a lot better and not move around as easily. Thanks.

That was our first instinct, too, but we rejected it because:

1. There are more rooms now. Shuffling square cards is hard enough, but adding more large tiles that need shuffling... ergonomically, it was not a lot of fun. And they are too big to work well in a 'bag,' so that was out.

2. The cost is considerable. After the box itself, the most expensive component in a boardgame is usually the punchboards. IF we put the game in a bigger box (more expense) and could fit 4 tiles per punchboard, that would still be what? More than 20 of them? Think how much thicker the box would be and how much more it would weigh. All of that is freight costs that gets passed to the consumer and, honestly, I'm not sure how many more we would sell at $55-60 with mounted room tiles -- probably a lot fewer, actually.

Bottom line, this idea was our first thought, too; we priced it out; and we decided not to go that route after sufficient consideration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crane
United Kingdom
Sandbach
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Update!! 164% Funded!! 1 Stretch Goal Unlocked!! 9 Days to Go!!
Almost unlocked the 2 new skill cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope you guys make to the new TUNNEL room cards stretch goal! Those really make the gem mine interesting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Zierhofer
Austria
flag msg tools
Hi,
the game looks very promising, but the shipping costs to europe are way too much for me .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crane
United Kingdom
Sandbach
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Update!! 167% Funded!! 2 Stretch Goals Unlocked!! 8 Days to Go!!
Unlocked Stretch Goal

$10k - 2 New Skill Cards added to the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Update!! 167% Funded!! 2 Stretch Goals Unlocked!! 8 Days to Go!!
I know they're working on updating the site and sending out the announcement announcing this stretch goal unlock.

I believe the next one revealed will be the TUNNEL "room" cards. Those were a lot of fun in playtesting, I must say, as it put all kinds of interesting twists on developing the construction of the Gem Mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crane
United Kingdom
Sandbach
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Update!! 178% Funded!! 2 Stretch Goals Unlocked!! 5 Days to Go!!
it is indeed Alan!

New Stretch Goal

$14k - Tunnel Rooms added

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Scott
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Update!! 184% Funded!! 2 Stretch Goals Unlocked!! Only 65 hours to go!!
Arrghhh, so close. Hopefully they can unlock a few more stretch goals in the last couple of days!

Blows my mind that this game's Kickstarter isn't tearing up the charts. Good price point, Excellent rated by Dice Tower, great reviews, decently rated on BGG, free digital copy. And yet only 400ish backers??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Update!! 184% Funded!! 2 Stretch Goals Unlocked!! Only 65 hours to go!!
Yeah, it kind of surprises me too. This is a proven, outstanding game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be the art thou. At least for me it is. It is professional quality art in the 2nd Edition. But I like the 1st Edition art so much more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crane
United Kingdom
Sandbach
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Update!! 217% Funded!! 3 Stretch Goals Unlocked!! Only 26 hours to go!!
Unlocked Stretch Goal

$12k - 2 New Skill Cards added to the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Scott
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Update!! 217% Funded!! 3 Stretch Goals Unlocked!! Only 26 hours to go!!
WOJTEK THE BEAR wrote:
I might be the art thou. At least for me it is. It is professional quality art in the 2nd Edition. But I like the 1st Edition art so much more.

I am mixed on the new art. I love the new tile art, but not a fan of the look of the dwarves. Love the new brightness of the gems on the tiles, much easier to see them across the table. But mixed on the Icons on the tiles instead of the wording. While the wording was small and somewhat hard to read at times, it was easy to teach (IE read the card). New players learned the game as new tiles were placed. But the new icons will probably become second nature after a few games. And also will be a lot easier to read from a distance. And the new 1st person token will be a lot bigger, impressed I still haven't lost my 1st edition one yet.

My group prefers the competitive mode (Rush), so I'm itching to see how the skill cards add nice twist to each game. I might hide the Mystic Elevator card, and tell them the new set doesn't come with it. And only put it back in during solo play, hehehe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crane
United Kingdom
Sandbach
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter Update!! 235% Funded!! 4 Stretch Goals Unlocked!! Only 8 hours to go!!
Unlocked Stretch Goal

$14k - Tunnel Rooms added!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.