7 Posts

Star Realms: Colony Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Which should I get? Base game or Colony Wars? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steven
Australia
flag msg tools
Looking to buy just one of these as I only want to play 2 player. From reading some forum posts, people generally believe Colony Wars to be a more balanced game, but is it the preferred base game experience?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jędrzej Jarocki
Poland
Warszawa
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
Sci-fi theme makes every game better.
badge
DEATH FROM ABOVE
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, it’s better.

Don’t worry, you will get both
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
sluu83 wrote:
Looking to buy just one of these as I only want to play 2 player. From reading some forum posts, people generally believe Colony Wars to be a more balanced game, but is it the preferred base game experience?

Thanks.

I much prefer the base game over Colony Wars. I either play the base game alone or play big Star Realms (base game, Colony Wars plus a few expansions and promos).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garner

Summerville
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy both they are cheap. I like both equally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fell
United States
East Patchogue
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If only playing one deck. I like the base game the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend playing the base game (for free) in the app a dozen or so times and then getting Colony Wars. The base game is easier to learn, the powerful cards are more clearly powerful, and the strategies are a bit more straight forward. Colony Wars has a couple more mechanics and the powerful ships and abilities are weaker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoffer Nilsson
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also prefer base game better. The factions are not as balanced, but I like the speed of base game better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.