Bios: Megafauna (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stable biosphere - first turn and subsequent turns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Sharman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Extraterrestrial card shows a stable biosphere in the first Phase 1 of the game, the only events and processes to occur are those shown on the Extraterrestrial card.

If the Extraterrestrial card shows a stable biosphere in a later phase 1, do you follow rules A1.e and A1.g using the previous climate event card (that is, repeat the climate-related events and processes that happened last turn), or do you limit the events and processes to those shown on the Extraterrestrial card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The first Event card of the game is only used to determine player order, all other events on the card are ignored.

If a stable biosphere event is drawn later in the game, no terrestrial event is drawn, only the events of the stable biosphere Cosmic Event card trigger.

All the above applies to the Achterbahn game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you draw a "Stable Biosphere" ET card, you only have one event card for that turn, not two. You don't draw or apply the other "half", since there isn't a half to draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Dementyev
Russia
flag msg tools
Stable bioshphere means there are no any biosphere events in this turn (and you don't repeat the previous one).

By the way according to the living rules there is no event phase in the 1st turn, the 1st event phase will take place in the beginning on the turn 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Sharman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I deliberately didn't imply that there was a phase 1 in the first turn, and that wasn't my question.

Dmitry, you say that you don't repeat the previous biosphere event. Is this anywhere in the rules? Or is is just how you've played the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you discard both cards at turn end, but don't have the rules in front of me. So there won't be a previous card to even generate this question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Sharman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arjisme wrote:
I believe you discard both cards at turn end... so there won't be a previous card to even generate this question.

It's possible that you discard at turn end, but if it's in the rules I can't find it. Which, of course, doesn't mean it isn't there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted a question about this in the Living Rules. Let's see if Phil can clear up the confusion over whether ET and biosphere event cards are discarded at turn end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phil updated the living rules to clarify this question. You do indeed discard all event cards at turn end:

A4.c.
Quote:
Fossil Awards or Final Scoring. If you drew the last ET Event of the Era during phase 1, then award fossils per I4b. If it’s the final era (A6), instead conduct final scoring per A7. Otherwise, discard all Event cards and go to the next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.