Darklight: Memento Mori» Forums » General

Subject: Any story expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paris Frantzolakis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know its too early to discuss this....but is it possible for any campaign expansions????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mussino Mss
France
flag msg tools
mb
Could be awesome ! With some themed monsters, dungeons etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Sherwood
msg tools
Well I imagine there will be with the next expansion perhaps even two, if DIG decide to go down that road. We could see expansion numbers on a par with Warhammer Heroquest if they wanted to devote their time to one franchise.

If there is an expansion I doubt we will get anything this year, maybe a heads up of something coming, perhaps a KS in 2019 with a 2020/2021 release. Of course that is all speculative, DIG are focused on answering questions. KS shipping, retail etc. I am sure they may have ideas and certainly they mentioned about the odd stretch goal that was never reached. I think this is Act 1 and they were looking to do 3 Acts but I could be wrong.

Above all else it depend son the future of Darklight how well it sells/how well it is received, they may not want to produce board games again, find new ventures in life etc. etc.

You have to remember unless DIG are going to hire more people, this is essentially a two man team and it will take them a long time to get another expansion produced. There is more than enough content to keep me occupied, that is for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
another way they could get something out fast is by PDF form..another Campaign.just an idea.very little costs to them at DIG. and maybe a small charge on their website.it could possibly help to fund further things

that's what Dungeon saga team have done released further expansions including tiles cards etc in PDF form and charged a nominal fee...maybe something worth thinking about?...aaaaannd theres us guys we can start throwing a few things in the files/variants sections !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mussino Mss
France
flag msg tools
mb
Yes by PDF you can add skills, campaign and others event cards.

Everybody nowaday can print and slide this into a sleeve card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
another way they could get something out fast is by PDF form..another Campaign.just an idea.very little costs to them at DIG. and maybe a small charge on their website.it could possibly help to fund further things

that's what Dungeon saga team have done released further expansions including tiles cards etc in PDF form and charged a nominal fee...maybe something worth thinking about?...aaaaannd theres us guys we can start throwing a few things in the files/variants sections !

I didn’t even punched everything out lol but this is an awesome idea and DIG has for sure some other stuff they didn’t release so it should be easy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhuadrhi Oliver
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
ryesher wrote:

You have to remember unless DIG are going to hire more people, this is essentially a two man team and it will take them a long time to get another expansion produced. There is more than enough content to keep me occupied, that is for sure.

That's why they hired me for story stuff in the first Act/Quests that came with the game .

I can't officially comment on any of the above as I have no idea what the plan is.

However, I love that the community is wanting more already! Hopefully with all this good feedback (and when Mauro and Dario finally get a bit of a rest) then they will want to continue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Parachronist wrote:
ryesher wrote:

That's why they hired me for story stuff in the first Act/Quests that came with the game .

I can't officially comment on any of the above as I have no idea what the plan is.

However, I love that the community is wanting more already! Hopefully with all this good feedback (and when Mauro and Dario finally get a bit of a rest) then they will want to continue.

rest is for wimps !..lol

the real beauty of this theme and game mechanic is it can go in so many directions campaign-wise...demons/undead/ etc etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhuadrhi Oliver
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
tootz wrote:
Parachronist wrote:
ryesher wrote:

rest is for wimps !..lol

the real beauty of this theme and game mechanic is it can go in so many directions campaign-wise...demons/undead/ etc etc

I totally agree with you. It's such a vast world that is practically begging to have its potential set free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
Mussino wrote:

Everybody nowaday can print and slide this into a sleeve card :)

But not everybody likes that. At least not me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mussino Mss
France
flag msg tools
mb
LarkinVB wrote:
Mussino wrote:

Everybody nowaday can print and slide this into a sleeve card

But not everybody likes that. At least not me.

Just to playtest or give our feedback, of course real cards and stuff are always good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Sherwood
msg tools
Parachronist wrote:
ryesher wrote:

Yes of course, sorry Parachronist for not dropping your name in with the brothers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like WHQ, you don't even need cards to expand DL.

Just PDFs with charts to role on.

Once you get past lvl 1, everything is just noted on your character sheet like an RPG.

When you would draw en event/environment/encounter card, instead roll on a table and consult it.

Super easy and cheap to expand.

I've got hundreds and hundreds of events for all kinds of things in Warhammer Quest, all fan made, in tons of printed material.

The best part about these games is always the fanmade and DIY stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
D_Davis wrote:
Like WHQ, you don't even need cards to expand DL.

Just PDFs with charts to role on.

Once you get past lvl 1, everything is just noted on your character sheet like an RPG.

When you would draw en event/environment/encounter card, instead roll on a table and consult it.

Super easy and cheap to expand.

I've got hundreds and hundreds of events for all kinds of things in Warhammer Quest, all fan made, in tons of printed material.

The best part about these games is always the fanmade and DIY stuff.

Darklight was designed to keep this in mind, I really wanted the community to dig into it, and blow my mind while at the same time helping each others, because I believe a strong community is what makes a game last for years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhuadrhi Oliver
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
ryesher wrote:
Parachronist wrote:
ryesher wrote:

Yes of course, sorry Parachronist for not dropping your name in with the brothers!

Ah don't worry about it . I'm just here to tell stories and soak up credit .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.