Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Collins
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is a variation we first thought of on the fly after having 2 game nights where several Forensic Scientist players felt like they were riding the wave of luck and not really playing the game.

1. During setup, the forensic scientist can choose 6 cards and play 4
2. during the between rounds, the forensic scientist choose 2 cards and plays 1. (we first tried 3 and it felt like too 'good')
At any time, an investigator can turn in his badge to allow the forensic scientist to replace a card,picking two and choosing 1. Thematically, this is the investigator going all out, and losing his badge to produce more evidence.

We played 4 games, and despite having more games the crowd wanted more. My observations.

1. The murderer won 2 out of the 4 games, but the investigator, a new player, was a former recon specalist in the military (which we kinda felt was a tad unfair if you were the murderer lol.

Most importantly, the forensic scientists felt like they had more interaction in the actual game play and thus was more fun for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryucoo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't think the Investigator team and FS need any extra help in this game.

In my opinion, as a frequent FS, I couldn't be MORE included in the game. I'm drawing tiles and trying to work them into a story. I'm listening intently to the discussion to see how I can forge my next clues, what tiles to remove and what discussions I can indirectly encourage and discourage. I'm building the entire framework in which both the murderers and investigators operate. I'm writing the entire event like a movie. Essentially, I AM the game.

Whatever helps you out, but for me I don't want any opportunity to 'pick the best tiles' - the challenge is working with what you have and some of the best plays come from figuring out how to take some arbitrary clue and make it something relevant. And as far as balance goes, the investigator/FS team are the last side you want to be giving a helping hand!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.