Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Topic...

Can you hold a hand of cards and only reveal what you're exploring, when you want to use it for that? Can you save the cards as hidden resources to use when necessary? Alternatively, must you make the decision immediately when gaining a card? It seems like you may be able to save them, because the rules say you can sell multiple per round. The only way I can think that you'd have multiple per round, without being the character that gains them, is having both the 'copy another small city' city tile with the city tile that grants these cards. Maybe it was called out for this circumstance or if you have the card granting city tile and the character.

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The limited amount of information from the rules do say you there is no limit to these cards one can have and there are no real exclusions, like keeping the cards visible.

They also state that you can sell any number of cards in your hand again implying that you dont have to play a card immediately, though you have a point that one could gain more than one card with bonuses in a round.

We played with the assumptions above in our 1st and only game to include this mini expansion this weekend. The tile showed up randomly in the second path spot of the Venice expansion board and my wife got there early enough to gain 5 cards in the game. She used 4 of them for resources (cashing them in if and when needed) and just one card as a beneficial short cut. It probably ended up as a near best case scenarios use of the cards. So far it seems benign enough the way we played and wouldn't mind having in our future games.

Mark, sorry for blathering away here and as an aside my wife is from Branch. We get out your way at least once a year!

Not sure any of this actually helped with you questions

Cheers,

Edited for clarity and spelling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good call. To be honest it had t crossed my mind to keep the cards until until played (or sold). I just checked the cards and it doesn’t say you should reveal the card, nor does it say you may keep the card closed.

Well, it’s a secret pathway after all...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.