Subject: Tailing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mal Hildreth
United Kingdom
York
flag msg tools
mb
In the rule book an aircraft is deemed to be 'tailed' if an opponent finishes his move with the small arrow on the front of the base pointing into his opponents rear arc within 6". This seems fair enough and seems fairly straight forward. However in a couple of the demo videos I have seen they have insisted the arrow be pointing directly at the 'stem' of the enemy aircraft through the rear arc. A small difference I know, but one that could make the difference between being 'tailed' and not.
Anyone know which procedure is the correct one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pop Grand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
9" or 6" ? Images in quick reference sheet and in rule book let me think 6".
I have seen the same videos and play with the second procedure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mal Hildreth
United Kingdom
York
flag msg tools
mb
Apologies, I meant 6". Shooting range. I will edit my original question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
msg tools
Axidentalmoose wrote:
In the rule book an aircraft is deemed to be 'tailed' if an opponent finishes his move with the small arrow on the front of the base pointing into his opponents rear arc within 6". This seems fair enough and seems fairly straight forward. However in a couple of the demo videos I have seen they have insisted the arrow be pointing directly at the 'stem' of the enemy aircraft through the rear arc. A small difference I know, but one that could make the difference between being 'tailed' and not.
Anyone know which procedure is the correct one?

I believe the intention is that you must face the stem even if the rules are a litte vague on this. Mostly because ive heard the developers state this themselves in some of their videos.

But also, if you only had to face the rear arc you could potentially be "tailing" an enemy craft from some very weird angles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.