Recommend
15 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » News

Subject: Steam Game based on MoM rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG has just announced a new steam title based on the MoM series:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/4/17/mansion...

Exciting news! goo
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Martin
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool. I wish they would put out a couple more scenarios for 2nd edition that don't require a physical purchase, but more MoM is more better.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zorch wrote:
Very cool. I wish they would put out a couple more scenarios for 2nd edition that don't require a physical purchase, but more MoM is more better.


The people developing this game have nothing to do with creating scenarios or expansions. They don't even work for FFG. It's not an either/or matter.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Lo
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sounds and looks awesome! I hope they add Mac and/or tablet versions!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blumhardt
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
Zorch wrote:
Very cool. I wish they would put out a couple more scenarios for 2nd edition that don't require a physical purchase, but more MoM is more better.


The people developing this game have nothing to do with creating scenarios or expansions. They don't even work for FFG. It's not an either/or matter.


That, and we don't even know for sure if this will remotely resemble the board game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Hergl
Germany
Riemerling
flag msg tools
I give demos for the Star Wars LCG in Munich
badge
I give demos for the Star Wars LCG in Munich
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
WarpedLord wrote:
KoalaXav wrote:
Zorch wrote:
Very cool. I wish they would put out a couple more scenarios for 2nd edition that don't require a physical purchase, but more MoM is more better.


The people developing this game have nothing to do with creating scenarios or expansions. They don't even work for FFG. It's not an either/or matter.


That, and we don't even know for sure if this will remotely resemble the board game.


Actually we know quite nothing besides the setting about this game from the article. Nothing in the article gets me excited. Would I want my Mansions of Madness to become more digital and less physical? I don't think so.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blumhardt
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
www_Mischraum_de wrote:
WarpedLord wrote:
KoalaXav wrote:
Zorch wrote:
Very cool. I wish they would put out a couple more scenarios for 2nd edition that don't require a physical purchase, but more MoM is more better.


The people developing this game have nothing to do with creating scenarios or expansions. They don't even work for FFG. It's not an either/or matter.


That, and we don't even know for sure if this will remotely resemble the board game.


Actually we know quite nothing besides the setting about this game from the article. Nothing in the article gets me excited. Would I want my Mansions of Madness to become more digital and less physical? I don't think so.


Yep. Asmodee has several games that have popular digital versions (Small World, Ticket to Ride, Carcassonne, Catan... the list is a mile long) so I assume this is a digital single-player version of the game, but that's all it is... an assumption. All we know from the post is that it uses the Arkham Files characters and that there are... well... rooms.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Weaver
Australia
Altona
Victoria
flag msg tools
Will be interesting to see how they take the game.

I believe a social multiplayer game would have a lot of merit. Where players can type or voice comms plus some key canned phrases (eg 'open the door', search over there', 'Nooo the horror the horror') and played at not real time speed. Maybe timed actions so you need to pick something while a clock is ticking down for maximum tension - especially when tests or monsters arrive.

But its the social shared game flavour that would really make this fun.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jake In Oz wrote:
Will be interesting to see how they take the game.

I believe a social multiplayer game would have a lot of merit. Where players can type or voice comms plus some key canned phrases (eg 'open the door', search over there', 'Nooo the horror the horror') and played at not real time speed. Maybe timed actions so you need to pick something while a clock is ticking down for maximum tension - especially when tests or monsters arrive.

But its the social shared game flavour that would really make this fun.



Doubtful it will be anything like that. I'd expect it to be more like Elder Sign Omens but for Mansions of Madness.

Solitaire or pass and play. DLC for extra characters and adventures.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://store.steampowered.com/app/840210/Mansions_of_Madness...
Quote:
Title: Mansions of Madness: Mother's embrace
Genre: Adventure
Developer: Luckyhammers
Publisher: Asmodee Digital
Release Date: Q1 2019

...

Minimum: OS: Windows® 7, 64-bit

...

About This Game
In 1926, a team of investigators try to uncover the dark secrets of an eerie mansion. Finding weapons, tools, and information will be the only way to solve complex puzzles and fight living nightmares, insanity, and death.
It will take more than just survival to conquer the evils terrorizing the town.
Will the team make it out alive and solve the mystery?

About Mansions of Madness
Inspired by the award-winning board game, Mansions of Madness, this Lovecraft-inspired third-person game combines horror, mystery and adventure, where investigators, searching for answers in cursed places, will be struggling to survive with their minds intact.
Do you dare enter the Mansions of Madness ?

...

- Single-player
- Steam Achievements
- Full controller support



There are some more screenshots on that Steam page too.

Single player only, but likely suitable for pass-n-play of some kind, either on a Windows touch-screen/tablet, or using the controller support as listed.

Seems like a similar kind of treatment as Elder Sign: Omens ?
3 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pudsy wrote:
Seems like a similar kind of treatment as Elder Sign: Omens ?
Which were later ported back to the physical game. I'm all for a similar scenario here.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
haroth9842 wrote:
Pudsy wrote:
Seems like a similar kind of treatment as Elder Sign: Omens ?
Which were later ported back to the physical game. I'm all for a similar scenario here.


Right. The digital version is a very faithful (not perfect but close) adaptation of the physical game with three original expansions that have inspired (more in theme than in rules) the last three physical expansions, the most recent one being very well received, though all are viewed favorably in aggregate.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure this is going to be an real-time "arcade" adventure and not anything board-game like and is just based on the Mansions of Madness setting and brand.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Green Angel wrote:
Pretty sure this is going to be an real-time "arcade" adventure and not anything board-game like and is just based on the Mansions of Madness setting and brand.
If it would be as "arcade" as the first Alone in the Dark was then I would be happy. But in my opinion the multiple investigator indicator thingy is a solid hint that this would be turn-based.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Simcoe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
haroth9842 wrote:
Green Angel wrote:
Pretty sure this is going to be an real-time "arcade" adventure and not anything board-game like and is just based on the Mansions of Madness setting and brand.
If it would be as "arcade" as the first Alone in the Dark was then I would be happy. But in my opinion the multiple investigator indicator thingy is a solid hint that this would be turn-based.


True. But it could also just mean you can switch between the characters like in the Lego video games.
1 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the rules will stay mostly, if not completely, faithful to the physical game for one simple reason.

MoM2 rules are incredibly simple and streamlined. They would translate to a computer game with ease. There is no reason to create a new (and likely more complicated) system and slap the MoM name on it. We all play half the game on an app as it is. Computers can definitely handle the movement and stat tracking aspects.

Redesigning the game would be counterproductive and unnecessary.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
There is no reason to create a new (and likely more complicated) system and slap the MoM name on it. (...) Redesigning the game would be counterproductive and unnecessary.
We already got a card game with a board game name slapped on it. And it's a different game, not a redesign of Arkham Horror.
Similarly, Mother's Embrace can be a different game only inspired by MoM and not MoM's redesign.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
haroth9842 wrote:
KoalaXav wrote:
There is no reason to create a new (and likely more complicated) system and slap the MoM name on it. (...) Redesigning the game would be counterproductive and unnecessary.
We already got a card game with a board game name slapped on it. And it's a different game, not a redesign of Arkham Horror.
Similarly, Mother's Embrace can be a different game only inspired by MoM and not MoM's redesign.


You're comparing azathoths and oranges. First off, that's a physical game made by FFG. Not a licensed digital game made by a third party. Secondly, would it even be possible to create a card game that plays identical to a board game as detailed as Arkham Horror? Or course it wouldn't. But here, it is quite possible.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.