The 7th Continent» Forums » General

Subject: State card Bloody rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Hunter
United Kingdom
Horsham
flag msg tools
I Banished my State card using my Raft, do i have to reduce my Raft by one pip of the die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alboy01 wrote:
I Banished my State card using my Raft, do i have to reduce my Raft by one pip of the die?

You would have needed somewhere to take a white box "anchor" action, the raft doesn't provide this by itself. If you used the raft to assist in such an action, then yes, you need to drop its durability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
State cards are never Banished. They are Returned.

IIRC, Bloody goes away
Spoiler (click to reveal)
any time you use a water travel action, as a free side effect of that action
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
alboy01 wrote:

You can only use the raft to assist with a swim/sail action. It doesn't provide the action itself. So if you went swimming, that would be enough to get rid of your bloody state and you wouldn't need the raft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus Carpenter
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication Class of 2012
badge
"There are only two things I love in this world: everybody, and television" - Kenneth Parcell, 30 Rock
mbmbmbmbmb
You can return (not banish) the Bloody State card when you take a swim action. To take a swim action, you need to have access to a white anchor icon (usually found on the coast).

Unrelated, the raft can help you lower cost/gain successes when doing a Swim action and can add the blue banner for sea travel in some instances. But the raft itself doesn't let you take a swim action.

Think of it thematically. Can you wash blood off of you simply because you're carrying around a raft? You still need the water.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, in some areas, using the Raft would risk success, when all you want to do is get wet.

In order to ditch a Bloody we attempted to intentionally fail an action (and are glad we did fail). It may have tired us out, but we had nearby remedies for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus Carpenter
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication Class of 2012
badge
"There are only two things I love in this world: everybody, and television" - Kenneth Parcell, 30 Rock
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Indeed, in some areas, using the Raft would risk success, when all you want to do is get wet.

In order to ditch a Bloody we attempted to intentionally fail an action (and are glad we did fail). It may have tired us out, but we had nearby remedies for that.

This implies that using the raft would not get rid of the bloody state. It would. You're still taking what the game calls a swimming action.

Again, thematically, you could think of this as setting sail on a raft and reaching into the water to rinse off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
McDonough
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I drew this card just last night and had to sit and think for a minute too. But, then as others said, I was like, wait, this is 7th continent.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
How would I get "unbloody" in real life? Ahhh, water. If I take the anchor action, then a side effect is that I get clean in the water.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get pretty wet messing about with a raft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Hunter
United Kingdom
Horsham
flag msg tools
Sorry i meant Return not Banish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.