Popular Tags: [View All]
Björn Fink
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I paid 28$ included shipping in Germany over KS...now a German retailer offers the expansion for preorder for 8,80 € (thats 10,90$)...how the hell can this be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brenna Asplund
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for backing! Our Kickstarter pledge prices are always at or (usually) a bit lower than MSRP for our games. However, retailers can mark down our games as much as they choose to, and we don't have any control over that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kindree
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xbjoernx wrote:
I paid 28$ included shipping in Germany over KS...now a German retailer offers the expansion for preorder for 8,80 € (thats 10,90$)...how the hell can this be?

That's an obscenely low price for the expansion - is that a mistake and it's below their cost? Are they missing a 1?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xbjoernx wrote:

That must be a mistake. I think they would lose money at that price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Fink
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FreezenFire wrote:
xbjoernx wrote:

That's an obscenely low price for the expansion - is that a mistake and it's below their cost? Are they missing a 1?

I also think thats a mistake...but if you preorder it with that price they have to give you that price...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich A
United Kingdom
London
NW London
flag msg tools
xbjoernx wrote:
FreezenFire wrote:
xbjoernx wrote:

I also think thats a mistake...but if you preorder it with that price they have to give you that price...

Do they? I'm not sure EU consumer law covers a pre order mistake (though maybe German law does). However, do correct me as I could be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Fink
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rikboy wrote:
xbjoernx wrote:
FreezenFire wrote:
xbjoernx wrote:

Do they? I'm not sure EU consumer law covers a pre order mistake (though maybe German law does). However, do correct me as I could be wrong.

Mmmh well in this online shop i can order it the normal way and pay it...so i think they have to send it to me for the price they offered it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milki Kaplanski
Germany
Bremen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xbjoernx wrote:
Rikboy wrote:
xbjoernx wrote:
FreezenFire wrote:
xbjoernx wrote:

Mmmh well in this online shop i can order it the normal way and pay it...so i think they have to send it to me for the price they offered it.

I'm not sure if it's covered by any EU or German laws, but most shops will just send you the item anyway even if it was a pricing mistake (I've had this happen multiple times) because it's more valuable for the shop to keep you as a happy customer, even if they make a temporary loss. Only in rare cases (ca. 1 out of 10) I've had my order cancelled - and most of the time because the shop ran out of stock.

Anyway... being angry about a game being sold cheaper than what one paid on Kickstarter is just not worth the energy imo. Almost every crowdfunded game that makes it to general retail will be a lot cheaper sooner or later and one always has the choice to wait for a better offer. But if everyone would just wait for the best price we'd have no successful Kickstarter projects and this expansion wouldn't even exist. ;) And anyone who backed the KS will still get their game earlier than anyone who orders it for the cheap price online now, so there's that too. I'd say, anyone who feels cheated should rather feel proud to have made the project happen! :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed Lovecraft
Germany
Duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw that pricing too some days ago. Really frustrating. Price is still the same on their website and it says that it will be available in May. Even if it’s a mistake, Fantasywelt offers superb customer services so I doubt that they won’t send it to you for that extremely low price. First time I had this kind of negative experience after backing a board game. Anyway, N&F is one of my favorite games of all time so at least let’s hope us Kickstarter backers won’t have to wait longer than retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milki Kaplanski
Germany
Bremen
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ashes001 wrote:
Saw that pricing too some days ago. Really frustrating. Price is still the same on their website and it says that it will be available in May.

I just looked at the website and it says July for me (same as yesterday), weird.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed Lovecraft
Germany
Duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You’re right, it says Juli.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Fink
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh iam not angry nor frustrated, i just wondered how they can sell this so cheap...it has to be a mistake, well thats good for people who missed the KS...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Weekenstroo
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw it at a Belgian webshop on preorder for 11 euro.. so there are more places where it's being advertised fas below MSRP.. Do not really have a problem with it and mostly just looking forward to receiving the KS version

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the german site which sells it for 8.80€ states a MSRP of 10€.
Maybe there is a hiccup in the system which propagates a wrong MSRP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Webb
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if the manufacturer is playing games here, and printed some extra stock to offer deals to stores on the cheap without RR's knowledge. There've been a few issues here and there as of late with knock-off copies of games, too, so I have my suspicions as to the legitimacy of the super-cheap copies.

Like the old saying goes, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Edit:
Then again, maybe they're using it as a loss-leader to attract more business? Offering an expansion at cut-rate prices (when it probably has a tight margin already) to get a little more sales traffic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
db
Germany
flag msg tools
Price was a mistake, it is now at 19.95 €.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.