Subject: Russia, Russia, Russia rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

(Like Syria is the only reason to sanction Russia...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And a nice "fuck you" from Russian state media.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly convinced at this point that Trump is a cowardly traitor who should be arrested and tried for treason. Won't happen though, because the hypocritical evangelicals and craven GOP legislators will defend him to the end, out of nothing more than narrow-minded self interest. I really think the four darkest times for this nation will be remembered as the Civil War, Vietnam, the Great Depression, and the Trump presidency, probably in that order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
I'm fairly convinced at this point that Trump is a cowardly traitor who should be arrested and tried for treason. Won't happen though, because the hypocritical evangelicals and craven GOP legislators will defend him to the end, out of nothing more than narrow-minded self interest. I really think the four darkest times for this nation will be remembered as the Civil War, Vietnam, the Great Depression, and the Trump presidency, probably in that order.

Let's hope it's in that order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, Leo. I used to say that (outside of nuclear war) that climate change was the greatest existential threat to the United States as we know it. I think CC is a long-term threat, but Trumpism is the huge short-term one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meanwhile... as you Chicken Littles worry about this "traitor" Trump.

South Korea mulling peace agreement with North Korea as Trump confirms Pompeo visit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiewall wrote:

South Korea mulling peace agreement with North Korea as Trump confirms Pompeo visit

Ah yes, Trump leading from the rear letting the S Koreans do the work. (Didn't conservatives/Repubs bitch about Obama doing this sort of thing? Yes, yes you did.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
zombiewall wrote:

Ah yes, Trump leading from the rear letting the S Koreans do the work. (Didn't conservatives/Repubs bitch about Obama doing this sort of thing? Yes, yes you did.)

And with all the attention on Trump, lets not forget the GOP's actions in all of this

Quote:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has made it clear, through his actions if not his words, that he would perfectly okay with President Donald Trump firing the man appointed to investigate him, special counsel Robert Mueller.

When discussing the Special Counsel Independence and Integrity Act — a bipartisan bill co-authored by Republican Sens. Thom Tillis of North Carolina and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina as well as Democratic Sens. Cory Booker of New Jersey and Chris Coons of Connecticut — McConnell made it clear to Fox News that while he ostensibly doesn't want Trump firing Mueller, he also doesn't believe the legislation is necessary to protect the special counsel.

https://www.salon.com/2018/04/18/mitch-mcconnell-wont-protec...

Their enabling of him really should not go unnoticed. And hopefully in November it will not be
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wifwendell wrote:
zombiewall wrote:

Who cares? Things may be changing there. Strange I seem to have mentioned it first when all I heard were crickets from the blue team.

Of course MSNBC and your ilk won't mention it because it does not fit the "mayhem and chaos in the streets" narrative. "Starbucks has brought back Lynch Gangs" and 24/7 coverage about Stormy Daniels are on CNN's and your brains these days.

I think your kind would like to see these KP talks fail just so you can guarantee a blue resurgence in November and possibly contend with Trump in 2020. It is an old adage, you will cut off your nose to spite your face.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
zombiewall wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
zombiewall wrote:

Who cares? Things may be changing there. Strange I seem to have mentioned it first when all I heard were crickets from the blue team.

Of course MSNBC and your ilk won't mention it because it does not fit the "mayhem and chaos in the streets" narrative. "Starbucks has brought back Lynch Gangs" and 24/7 coverage about Stormy Daniels are on CNN's and your brains these days.

I think your kind would like to see these KP talks fail just so you can guarantee a blue resurgence in November and possibly contend with Trump in 2020. It is an old adage, you will cut off your nose to spite your face.

We don't want it to fail, but we are realistic about what is likely to happen... nothing or Trump gets played just like Clinton. So... what is there to talk about? How Trump will be royally pwnd? How he's likely to do nothing and claim it's the "best deal ever!"? How it's likely a ploy to buy time to finish an ICBM? That he's likely to kiss Un's ass?

Sure go, why not? but there isn't much to say until something ACTUALLY happens.

We could talk about how Sasquatches are actually aliens too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiewall wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
zombiewall wrote:

There’s an entire Internet out there to shit disturb, and you chose THIS backwater to do it in? Why? Do you need to grind more XP before they let you onto Reddit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiewall wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
zombiewall wrote:

Would you care to elaborate on the bolded?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
wifwendell wrote:
zombiewall wrote:

If talks are fruitful the chance that Trump shits all over S. Korea and takes the credit... 100%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KrazyIrish89 wrote:
eaglebeak wrote:
zombiewall wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
zombiewall wrote:

There’s an entire Internet out there to shit disturb, and you chose THIS backwater to do it in? Why? Do you need to grind more XP before they let you onto Reddit?

Why does it offend you so much that a (seemingly) non-liberal hold opposing viewpoints (or might be trolling), when the liberal version of this doesn't seem to peak your ire?

I wasn’t offended; it was genuine curiosity. Their profile is new and essentially blank, so they seem to have come here just to shit disturb on RSP. Why? There’s like 20 people here. It’s very inefficient, disturbance-wise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
Tempest in a teapot... ON STEROIDS!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KrazyIrish89 wrote:
eaglebeak wrote:
zombiewall wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
zombiewall wrote:

Why does it offend you so much that a (seemingly) non-liberal hold opposing viewpoints (or might be trolling), when the liberal version of this doesn't seem to peak your ire?

You wish to come up with an example of the "liberal version" of the bolded statement above on RSP? It also seems to be somewhat indicative of statement being rather on the trollish side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
Ok then Trump and the Korea Talks - what colour suit is he going to wear - Red then that's obviously a sign hes a traitor . Blue bit too conservative and war hawkish.

White* big noo - because then the right wing press will have to say he is not taking things seriously enough.

* He isn't culturally nuanced enough to know that would mean he considers the talks a funeral.

Guess he could wear Miss Worlds Crown though? Care to add anything before the talks begin?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the off chance that somebody with zombie in their username really cares, my concerns about the talks with N Korea are legion.

First, it's being done ass-backwards. Difficult process of negotiations with foreign countries usually END with a summit or high level meetings. You don't start there.

Even MORE so in case of NK because for decades they have sought to place themselves as the equal of the US. Trump, in his usual half-assed poorly thought out "I know everything about this" (but he DOESN'T) way, has handed Kim Jong Un a major diplomatic and propaganda victory by agreeing to meet with essentially zero conditions. (Trying to guess your reaction had Obama done this - oh yeah, I remember conservatives going apeshit when he mat Raoul Castro.)

Meanwhile, the Trumpskis are still threatening to undo the Iran deal, which makes one wonder how much credence the NKs might put into the word of the US government at this particular point.

Though even WITHOUT the question of the US currently being about as reliable a negotiating partner as a three-year-old kid, I think the odds of this resulting in NK giving up it's nukes are precisely zero point zero percent. Which will sent Trump into a snit-fit.

So other than all that, yep this is fine.

edit: also no ambassador in Seoul, no secretary of state, no under secretary of state for arms control, no assistant secretary of state for East Asia/Pacific, et cetera...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar the Woebringer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Yes. I will be happy if NK walks back from their rhetoric and actions, no matter how it happens. I happen to think that due to gutting of State and other departments, we are less likely to be able to do this. There is nothing that Trump has said and done that seems very constructive to me. But then again, maybe one irrational authoritarian appeals to another, who knows? I think that if NK turns about it won't be due to Trump--but I will give him "credit" if it makes anyone feel better.

I may detest Trump and what he stands for, but he occasionally gets something right, even if it's by accident! Even the sun shines on a dog's ass some days... (Of course, he may reverse course the next week randomly!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiewall wrote:

Did you have an account named pw3nd? Just curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
zombiewall wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
zombiewall wrote:

Oh man, this post really takes me back to The Good Old Days™. I think basically every thread used to have at least one of these functionally null statements about dumb liberals.

Those were the days. . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
zombiewall wrote:

Did you have an account named pw3nd? Just curious.

Eh, he made two whole posts without bitching about Muslims, so I'm guessing not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.