Hide
11 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » Variants

Subject: A.N.O.M.A.L.I. Expansion (now with TTS support) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derrick Maltman
msg tools
Greetings and salutations friends. Welcome to the central hub for my custom SOTM decks entitled A.N.O.M.A.L.I.

Here you can see the list of heroes, villains, and environments I am working on, including direct links to individual content, and now even a direct link to the available decks on Tabletop Simulator. Please feel free to provide feedback on decks and be sure to always check back for future content.

Disclaimer: I don't create as fast as many of the amazing people on this forum so bear with me. Also none of the decks have art, yet, but I hope to address that in the future. Thanks for your support and happy gaming.

Tabletop Simulator Workshop Link
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=13641...

A.N.O.M.A.L.I. Lore
A.N.O.M.A.L.I stands for the Alliance of Nationally Organized Military Advised Lethal Inhumans. It was a secret WWII project, started by the Allied Nations when America's Finest Legacy appeared, and the United States unveiled the Bunker suit and Project Ironclad. The current roster of heroes is the 7th incarnation of the team and consists of individuals that are usually unable to control their powers, who don't work well with more traditional hero teams, or who have simply no where else to go. Its members hail from all corners of the globe and may come and go as they please, though some choose to live within the organization's secret base. However all members of the team are outfitted with trackers should they need to be brought in for group assignment.

On paper A.N.O.M.A.L.I. and its powered "heroes" answer to the United Nations, but in reality they are led by Director Evelyn Castle.

Heroes
Centurion
Prehisto-Rick
5h@d0w
Dragon
Phantasma
???

Villains
Excalibur and the Legends
Cataclysm
???

Environments
???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh really. :3 More things to add to the list...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Maltman
msg tools
TakeWalker wrote:
Oh really. :3 More things to add to the list...

Haha thanks TakeWalker. I'm humbled to be part of the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried them both out just now, have to say I like them. Dynamic and fun, and I barely scratched the surface of either deck.

One question on Centurion: Should Wedge happen the first time each turn? I was able to, for instance, use the card that lets other hero target deal fire damage to something to have Rick hit Ambuscade. That's plus 1 damage taken. Then Centurion hits him with a power; is that another plus 1? It might be too strong if that's the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Maltman
msg tools
TakeWalker wrote:
Tried them both out just now, have to say I like them. Dynamic and fun, and I barely scratched the surface of either deck.

One question on Centurion: Should Wedge happen the first time each turn? I was able to, for instance, use the card that lets other hero target deal fire damage to something to have Rick hit Ambuscade. That's plus 1 damage taken. Then Centurion hits him with a power; is that another plus 1? It might be too strong if that's the case.

Excellent, glad you had fun.
With regards to Wedge, the plus 1 to damage should only triggering the first time Centurion damages a target on his turn. The flavor idea here is that Centurion is leading the Roman charge, his troops behind him. He is the tip of the spear inspiring his troops to greater feats, creating the plus 1.

So if an instance allows Centurion to deal damage outside of his turn you do not get an additional plus 1 from Wedge. I like to think of the narrative with my heroes so if Centurion is doing other things outside his turn I imagine he is deep in a battle surrounded by the roman soldiers and just getting in a random attack or two on an enemy. But on his turn he is a leader and is marshaling his troops back into formation for another devastating attack/charge.

Does that help answer your question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, no, because you can pull off multiple hits on his turn. It doesn't matter if he's dealing the damage, I don't think. Unless I was reading it wrong and it only lasts for one round or something. <.<

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Maltman
msg tools
TakeWalker wrote:
Well, no, because you can pull off multiple hits on his turn. It doesn't matter if he's dealing the damage, I don't think. Unless I was reading it wrong and it only lasts for one round or something. <.<

Hmm maybe the wording on the card needs some editing for clarity then, as my intention for it was only the plus 1 buff, not multiple. I will post it here and we can discuss

Wedge
Ongoing, Formation
When a target is damaged on Centurion's turn, increase all damage dealt to that target by 1 until the start of Centurion's next turn.
When this card enters play, destroy all other formation cards in play.

Looking at it here I think I can see where the confusion is coming into play. I think the wording you mentioned would help. I will try to get that edited and fixed on TTS ASAP. Good catch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
'Swhat I'm here for!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Maltman
msg tools
TTS updated based off of feedback.

In the Works
-5h@d0w: TTS support
-Excalibur and the Legends: playtesting
-Cataclysm: deck construction
-Dragon: deck construction
-Phantasma: concepting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Maltman
msg tools
5h@d0w playtest deck uploaded to TTS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Maltman
msg tools
Centurion playtest cards and card back now available on his thread. Additionally I have two decks I am working on (see update post) that should be going up on TTS and the forum in the next couple of weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.