M St
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
These are two face-to-face playthroughs of the Prochorovka scenario with Chris. Keep in mind that this is the opening scenario for the game, so in character rather like a vignette - it picks out part of the struggle that day but is in no way the full battle. It is depicted basically as hordes of tanks cruising around trying to grab the village, but still serves to drive home the key Tank Leader lesson, that these are actually formed units trying to operate with cohesion.

We noted with surprise that the scenario description contradicts itself on the length of the scenario. It is given as "7 turns" but in the victory conditions it says to check "at the end of the eighth turn". Given that it's a close range slugfest we decided that seven turns is enough.

The first photo is in mid-game, with the Germans sort of converging towards "Prochorovka" (played on the map by the village labeled Belikovo). The setup dice meant that only a single Russian parent formation could actually set up in Prochorovka directly, so most of them try to attrit the Germans drilling in on the objective.

The second one shows the situation before the last turn, with only the Tigers, one Panther, and one Pz IV remaining on the German side. The Germans won, with the Tigers wiping out the Russians in Belikovo.

This is the setup for the return match.

Start of the last turn.

In that game, the German only entered Prochorovka on the last turn, but had suffered no attrition so at the end there were no Russians left and the Germans had taken no losses. I note that we've had this going the other way as well when I played this in the 90s
[First posted in the Tank Leader topic on CSW in 2008.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rory willis
msg tools
just got this read the basic rules set it up an I am going to start playing when I get home from work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rory willis
msg tools
ok so I am at the end of the card play soviets have to parent cards left can I activate units on those cards that have already acted? playing prokhorovka

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rory willis
msg tools
anybody playing this? help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M St
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
No, a given unit can only be activated once per turn (except after a quick kill, which leaves the unit in a state as if it had not really been activated).

So the parent or command card activation is only useful if there is a unit on the card that has not been activated yet. (The exception to this are command cards used in rallying, not for activation.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M St
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Note that for rule questions, it's better to create a new thread in the "Rules" forum, otherwise your posts won't be noticed. (I just saw by accident that you had posted in this thread because I happened to look in.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rory willis
msg tools
hey thank you that's what I thought, great game setting up steppe patrol I loved prokhorovka a cool battle had I german unit in belikowo an three Russians but it was my first play solo ,so after this scenario I will set it up again, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rory willis
msg tools
hello have you played the elba river blues? I ask because the germans have a hard time its turn three an the Russians are ready to exit the board on road 1 west,they started on road 3 behind the river an my reinforcements have not arrived? whays your thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M St
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Haven't played that one in 20 years, sorry. My observations on more recent play for other scenarios are here:

http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/user/mst/games/tl/eftl_scenario...

And here's my Tank Leader page if you're looking at more stuff for the series:

http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/user/mst/games/tl.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rory willis
msg tools
thanks for answering all my post , the web pages are cool!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.