Rococo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Where the tiles go after took it as a Thread/Lace ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krichapol Inthanin
Thailand
flag msg tools
Hi

I have a question according to the rulebook "discard the tile onto a face-up resource tile to gain from the general supply the number of Thread/or Lace markers depicted in the lower half of tile"

What I understand is after you took the tile for Thread/Lace (not the silk) the tile won't be thrown away from the game but go back to be ready for replenish for tile as a face-up stack then, How can I randomize to it back to game as I have already know what that tile gives?

And the following question due to this situation is "Do I need to replenish the warehouse with face-up stack first and then randomize the rest from face-down stack?

thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may not be much help as I only play solo and so never run out of resource tiles but I discard it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sataranji
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
If a tile is used for thread or lace, put it aside or back in the box. It is not used for replenishing unless and until you run out of tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You put it in the face-up stack of used tiles, along with the tiles used as cloth for making dresses and suits. When the face-down supply stack empties, shuffle the face-up stack to make a new face-dosn supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich A
United Kingdom
London
NW London
flag msg tools
theglassprison wrote:
Hi

I have a question according to the rulebook "discard the tile onto a face-up resource tile to gain from the general supply the number of Thread/or Lace markers depicted in the lower half of tile"

What I understand is after you took the tile for Thread/Lace (not the silk) the tile won't be thrown away from the game but go back to be ready for replenish for tile as a face-up stack then, How can I randomize to it back to game as I have already know what that tile gives?

And the following question due to this situation is "Do I need to replenish the warehouse with face-up stack first and then randomize the rest from face-down stack?

thank you

The wording you quoted is that a translation or the English rules?

It reads like a badly worded way if saying discard the tile to a face up discard pile. You only replenish the face down tiles if they run out.

Personally I just draw the tiles out of a bag. Used tiles are discarded out the game. If the bag runs out of tiles, then I put the discarded tiles in the bag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The actual rules read as follows, "discard the tile onto a face-up Resource tile discard pile ..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.