4 Posts

Sakura Arms» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules question - cloning rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Figgy Newton
Canada
flag msg tools
The cloning card says you play an attack from your played cards and then again if it's in your discard....

How is it possible to have the same card in both the played and discard pile when there is only one copy of each card? Am I reading this card wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the cards on me but I thought there was another attack that goes into the discard pile to played from the played pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Court
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Figgy20000 wrote:
The cloning card says you play an attack from your played cards and then again if it's in your discard....

How is it possible to have the same card in both the played and discard pile when there is only one copy of each card? Am I reading this card wrong?

The card states:

Quote:
Reveal a non-Throughout and non-Enchancement card in your discard pile and play it. Then play it again if it is in your played pile.

The card first asks you to find a card in your discard pile and play it. The last step of "playing cards" is to put the card in your played pile. Then, we go to the next step where if this card if in your played pile (which it now is), you may play it again.

Now naturally, this would almost always occur. However, there are rare exception such as Shadow Cloning the card "Eternal Migrant" or "Glancing Strike", where after the attack the card gets put back in the deck after the attack and thus is no longer in your played pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Gaffud
Philippines
flag msg tools
If I remember correctly in the rulebook, there are two piles for discard and played, those are what you shuffle together if you want to rebuilt your deck (after paying 1 life). So technically, if a card is in the played pile (ie not discarded for "extra" vigor), cloning will make you play the chosen card twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.