Subject: Few questions on nephilim and exploration rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierluigi Arboretto
Italy
Naples
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Does the nephilim get fury points when he suffers wounds, or when he suffers damage? On his card is written damage, so we get fury points before lowering the damage with endurance? Sounds strange. Also, does he get points from damage like events or poison or ignite?

2. When an accursed is on an archway and he must place an event, he can decide which room the event will affect. Then the accursed is considered to be on both the rooms, so he will surely activate the event, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
hoplomus wrote:
1. Does the nephilim get fury points when he suffers wounds, or when he suffers damage? On his card is written damage, so we get fury points before lowering the damage with endurance? Sounds strange. Also, does he get points from damage like events or poison or ignite?

2. When an accursed is on an archway and he must place an event, he can decide which room the event will affect. Then the accursed is considered to be on both the rooms, so he will surely activate the event, right?

2. Yep

1. Not having the card with me, you'd have to write exactly what it says on it for me to remember, then I can give you a more specific answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Dick
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
mb
2. The two squares on an archway are considered to belong to both rooms it touches. So if an accursed stands on the archway square, and you have event cards in both of these rooms, during the event phase, the accursed has to resolve all events which belong to both of the rooms.

If a 1 is rolled during the darkness roll and an event is played (roll of 4,5,6), you place the event card in a randomly chosen accursed's room. If you randomly select an accursed standing on an archway, because he/she is considered to be in two rooms at the same time, he/she can choose in which room the event is being placed.

But The events are only activated in the events phase, not directly when you draw them. And if there is more than one accursed in a room with an event, you randomly select which accursed activates it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burkhard Hannig
Germany
Neritz
flag msg tools
mbmb
hoplomus wrote:

Damaged is before Armour reduction (endurance + equipment), so from simply reading the rules, you will receive a lot of Fury each combat.

Poison and ignite will more or less do directly wounds so no Fury from those.
Fom events it depends on, if they do damage or wounds.

But I think you are right Hoplomus, it should be wounds who fuel the Fury not damage...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierluigi Arboretto
Italy
Naples
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MauroP wrote:
hoplomus wrote:

2. Yep

1. Not having the card with me, you'd have to write exactly what it says on it for me to remember, then I can give you a more specific answer

"when you suffer damage, take that amount of fury points".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
groescha wrote:
hoplomus wrote:

Damaged is before Armour reduction (endurance + equipment), so from simply reading the rules, you will receive a lot of Fury each combat.

Poison and ignite will more or less do directly wounds so no Fury from those.
Fom events it depends on, if they do damage or wounds.

But I think you are right Hoplomus, it should be wounds who fuel the Fury not damage...

It used to be Wounds, but it made even less sense.

All of the Nephilim's skills are based around Fury, and later on in the game he will become tougher and tougher to Wound, so essentially you would be rewarding the Nehpilim with Fury points for being a "bad player" so Tumbling and Evading would become useless and you would just stand there being Hit.

If you do not believe me try making it work only on Wounds and see how much Fury you will accumulate during a dungeon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierluigi Arboretto
Italy
Naples
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mauro!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Masters
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
And for the "fluffy" it is logical that it is to receive damage and not wounds ...
... this guy seems to care very little about his physical condition, but he sure gets angry if another guy hits him with a stick in the face ... I even think that spitting in his face or looking bad is enough angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Masters
Spain
flag msg tools
mb

About the post I want to ask a question about the Nephilim:

The ability "Head Hunter" allows "cut off the head of a trophy" to accumulate bonuses until the end of the dungeon.
Are the souls of this trophy lost when they use this skill or do they receive the souls and then use the ability to have at least one trophy creature in your playing area?

I have the same doubt as with the "zombie" ability of the Necromancer (and by extension of any other skill that makes use of a trophy if there is one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
vancraven wrote:

About the post I want to ask a question about the Nephilim:

The ability "Head Hunter" allows "cut off the head of a trophy" to accumulate bonuses until the end of the dungeon.
Are the souls of this trophy lost when they use this skill or do they receive the souls and then use the ability to have at least one trophy creature in your playing area?

I have the same doubt as with the "zombie" ability of the Necromancer (and by extension of any other skill that makes use of a trophy if there is one).

The zombie, yes because you are spending the trophy, the card specify this, but for the Nephilim, I do not believe it says you need to use trophies, it just says when you kill certain targets, right? (no card ref at the moment).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Masters
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, "you can keep the head of one of your trophies" its coloquial but "you discard one of your trophies" its very literal.
I think make sense, because the Necromancer really get a very powerfull buff for a trophy, no matter the souls they give (a "free" Awoked with NO source blocked and NO mind test when die is NO JOKE), but the Nephilim skill really shine when you star to get more "heads".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
vancraven wrote:
Yes, "you can keep the head of one of your trophies" its coloquial but "you discard one of your trophies" its very literal.
I think make sense, because the Necromancer really get a very powerfull buff for a trophy, no matter the souls they give (a "free" Awoked with NO source blocked and NO mind test when die is NO JOKE), but the Nephilim skill really shine when you star to get more "heads".

As far as I can tell you this skill does not say to discard one of your trophies, it only says you may keep the head, and that part is purely thematic, nothing more.

Souls are released from the fallen victims, bodies contains nothing, so ahead is just a piece of flesh

With the zombie, you are trapping the soul back into its body to do your bidding, it is quite different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Masters
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, its very diferent, not only in description but natarrive too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.