Hide
12 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: When running out of recruits? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
julian owens
msg tools
What do you do when you run out of recruits?
When if or can recruits be brought back to the recruits pile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Posa
United States
Lebanon
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How are you doing that?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are talking about the New Recruits from the Villains Game?

If it is so, when you play it you put it back in the New Recruits pile.

You would run out of New Recruits only if you just recruit them and never ever play them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Impeachment time
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you mean the "New Recruit" cards from the villains set or something else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
DylanP wrote:
How are you doing that?!?

Not far fetched at all. You got what? 11 new recruits, I think?
That's 22 recruit.

Very doable especially if you do it over 2-3 turns.
Plus, he never said he was doing it solo. So 5 players, each one just need to buy 2-3 new recruits in a turn which isn't a rare occurrence.

But even if you want it in one turn you got Angel\Madame Hydra loop to pull off easily.

And of course... Kingpin
Grab all his commons and when you play them, you get 10 recruit (=5 new recruits) + 4 new recruit from abilities so either grab another card that gives you 4 recruit or 2 recruit if it's strength.

And of course... Silver Surfer's rare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You just run out until some are returned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know they are returned after they are played, right?

And if anyone has 10 recruit and takes 5 new recruits (or sidekicks for that matter) then they are probably not using their recruit effectively. Likely it would be that there is at least 1 hero that would be better than a new recruit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Gumps wrote:

And if anyone has 10 recruit and takes 5 new recruits (or sidekicks for that matter) then they are probably not using their recruit effectively. Likely it would be that there is at least 1 hero that would be better than a new recruit.

What are you talking about? Mid-Late game you usually have a decent enough deck that you won't buy anything *but* new recruits if you're using them unless maybe there's some other card that doesn't clog your deck (i.e draws for you)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Poitier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gumps wrote:

This can't be done with Sidekicks though

You can recruit however many New Recruits that you want with the Recruit points you generate, but you can only recruit 1 Sidekick per turn for 2 Recruit points.

So yeah, technically possible to empty the Sidekick stack, but will take a LONG time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
alphasyndrome wrote:

So yeah, technically possible to empty the Sidekick stack, but will take a LONG time

Unless you use heroes that give you sidekick outside of buying them, which you can play as many as you want.

If I recall, Black Panther from Civil War gives you a sidekick for every multicolor card you played this turn.

Secret Wars black panther has a multi color common that lets you draw a card.

So combining both with possibly some other multi colored draw cards (like Captain Marvel) and you can easily get to 11+ sidekicks in a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandMasterFox wrote:
alphasyndrome wrote:

Unless you use heroes that give you sidekick outside of buying them, which you can play as many as you want.

If I recall, Black Panther from Civil War gives you a sidekick for every multicolor card you played this turn.

Secret Wars black panther has a multi color common that lets you draw a card.

So combining both with possibly some other multi colored draw cards (like Captain Marvel) and you can easily get to 11+ sidekicks in a turn.

With the trigger, doesn't one of Magik's commons net you two Sidekicks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
It's more feasible to run out of New Recruits than Sidekicks for a couple reasons. It happens to me reasonably often when a game features Skirn and that Towering Leader card shows up on a regular basis, and though it's far less common in this case, it can happen with games using Kingpin too. This can happen pretty readily if you're supplementing the ones you get from their cards with simply buying them with Recruit.

When you should get more New Recruits than are available in the stack, you only get as many as are available, even if it's zero.

(Edit: I forgot to mention the reasons. First, you can buy more than one New Recruit with your Recruit per turn. Second, there are only 12 or 15 New Recruits in the stack, while the Sidekick deck is going to be bigger. I think it's 20 Sidekicks from Secret Wars 1 and 15 from Civil War, but I'm not certain.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls