Subject: Round 2, 2P with a New Player in a Sunny Cheshire Garden rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

After a quick rules explanation, Round 1 passed without incident.

Round 2:
My hand - 10 & 100
Her hand - 95 & 98

I slowly raise the 10 from my hand and play it without a flicker from my partner.

Several minutes then pass with us looking at each other ............................... After a while, I raise an eyebrow or two. She responds in kind ...................... So I try folding my arms and looking up at the trees ........... Some time later, I lay my card down on the table, slouch in my chair, rest my head in my hand and close my eyes .............. Eventually I open one eye, but my partner remains unmoved in her seat, cards in a vice-like grip .............. Time continues to pass, as the sun slowly drifts across the sky.

A change of tactic is needed. "Time Out", I say. "I'm not sure if I mentioned this exactly, but you do realise that if a significant period of time elapses, that is sufficient reason enough to play your next card without risk of criticism? My silent partner nods contemptuously ("how dare he break my concentration to interject so unnecessarily").

I look at my partner with pleading eyes. But her relentless stare burns back at me ............ I now realise that she has no intention of playing and will hold this stand-off for as long as it takes. Knowing that I have only one option available to me, I slowly raise my hand to propose the use of our only Star. My partner agrees to the move and we both play our lowest card onto the table.

A loud scream rings out, which no doubt can be heard in many gardens across the County. This is shortly followed by "I never thought you'd have such a big card".

Happy days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.