Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Kartzinel
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I was reading one of the articles from Logician Tim on the legacy elements of this game - I'm really curious to see how you can bring a legacy element to an arena style game - where you're somehow rewarded for playing - win or lose. I LOVE this idea (since I, like the designers,am a married man with limited free time), but I just can't see how it works.

When is this launching? It looks like it has the potential to be an auto-back...

Finally, just how "rude" is the humor? As a parent of small children, I am having to watch what they're exposed to...

Would love to get more details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Scott Rumptz
msg tools
designer
So, at this moment in time I can answer 2 of your 3 questions...

Quote:
I'm really curious to see how you can bring a legacy element to an arena style game

In NEXUS you play the role of the Lanista. A kind of fight manager and promoter. One part Mickey Goldmill and 2 parts Don King.

Don King didn't care if Mike Tyson lived, died, won or lost as long as he makes some coin and we all remember his name.

Quote:
When is this launching?

That's a secret for now.

Quote:
just how "rude" is the humor?

Really Rude. Keep children AWAY from the NEXUS.

That being said I play a version of the game with my 8 year old son by replacing the cards and using Disney Infinity characters instead of our miniatures. The game is very adaptable and the rude humor is just for flavor. It isn't essential to the core mechanics of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.