Joan Bofill

Bellcaire d'Empordà
Girona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules:
Quote:
During conflicts, bowed characters do not contribute their skill.

Sanpuku Seidō reads:
Quote:
While resolving a conflict at this province, characters count their glory instead of their (military) skill and (political) skill.

So, does a bowed character count, and thus contribute, its glory?
I would say yes, it is counted, because of glory is not a skill, the rules for bowed characters reffer to not contributing their skill, and the province makes you count the glory instead of the skill, not use the glory as the skill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joan Bofill

Bellcaire d'Empordà
Girona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, honored and dishonored characters would affect the stat? So an honored character counts his glory twice and a dishonored character is considered to be a zero?
For the same reason above, I would say no, the personal honor does not take effect in the resolution of a conflict at Sanpuku Seidō, because off it is still added / subtracted from the skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
There is a clarification that Glory is not affected by honored/dishonored status's. I'm honestly not sure whether or not the first issue with bowed characters was covered in the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schmitt
Germany
Kaiserslautern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If bowed characters don´t contribute, than it is not important which "kind of value" they would contribute, because they don´t contribute to the conflict. So they can´t count their glory value instead of their political or military skill.

At least that´s the way I´d play it.

Cheers,
Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Demagoge wrote:
If bowed characters don´t contribute, than it is not important which "kind of value" they would contribute, because they don´t contribute to the conflict. So they can´t count their glory value instead of their political or military skill.

Cheers,
Michael

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joan Bofill

Bellcaire d'Empordà
Girona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Demagoge wrote:

Cheers,
Michael

Well, the rules does not say that they do not contribute to the conflict, the rules say they do not contribute their skill to the conflict.
Also, the part on "Winning a Conflict" state:
Quote:
A player's total skill is the sum of the skill matching the conflict type of each ready participating character on his or her side of the conflict, along with any other modifiers that are affecting the amount of skill the player counts for the conflict.

Here, the first part is ignored, because of Sanpuku Seidō replaces the conflict skill by the characters' glory, so ready characters sum 0 skill; then, as the any other modifiers that are affecting, you count the participating characters' glory, including the bowed ones. Finally you add the Imperial favor if it matches the conflict type, as it is also not a skill value rather than a bonus to the conflict.

This is just one of both my points of view. I am also OK with the point of view that bowed characters do not contribute. Just seeking for any kind of official answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schmitt
Germany
Kaiserslautern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But their skill value is swapped with the Glory value. And as the skill value doesn't contribute, the glory does neither.

At least that´s the way I see it. Maybe they´ll clarify it.

Cheers,
Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joan Bofill

Bellcaire d'Empordà
Girona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, new question then. Whole skill is swapped or just the base one?
I meah, does bonusses still apply? or any +X military/political is ignored?
I do not see it as swaped, I see it as "count glory instead of the usual skill check".
If they were swapped, the final skill would still be doubled for honored characters and set to zero for dishonored ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stevenson
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The skill and the glory are not "swapped" in a technical sense.

Regardless, you don't get to use the glory of a bowed character. The rules for "compare skill values" (3.2.3) in the conflict resolution say that you "add together the skill ... of each ready attacking character" (or "defending character," as appropriate). If you're in a glory fight, then you add together the glory value of each ready character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bey
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The intent of the rules clearly confirm that a bowed character doesn't contribute during battle resolution. 'Nuff said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.