Popular Tags: [View All]
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
The card shown on page 6 of the rulebook seems to have symbols being highlighted by the "Event card type and uses (see 4.2.5)" text callout, that do not match the four types of Events and associated symbols shown on the next page in the rules. Only the Returnable symbol and Original Draw symbol make sense.

The card seems to show, to the left of the card number, a parachute, an A in blue circle, and yellow lightning bolt on black oval.

Are these remnants of an earlier Event card design?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Schachter
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Dave,

The symbols are correct, but in the Rule Book, with hindsight, could have been better explaining things...

The example of the "Reserves" card shows what that card could be used for:
OD = Original Draw (for the 1941 Game Start), the Parachute symbol (showing you can combine play of the "Reserves" with "Paratroops" Event: a powerful combination), the "A" for use with an Amphibious Attack, and the Lightning Bolt which indicates "Reserves" can be used with a Blitzkrieg attack.

The card example also shows that "Reserves" is a "Returnable" Event. When you use it, for victory or defeat, it must be taken out of the player's card hand.

Seeing the "Returnable" symbol shown a second time, with all other card types in section 4.2.5 may have caused confusion?

In any event, thanks for your interest in HITLER'S REICH: A CARD CONQUEST SYSTEM GAME.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Fred.

F Schachter wrote:
... the Parachute symbol (showing you can combine play of the "Reserves" with "Paratroops" Event: a powerful combination), the "A" for use with an Amphibious Attack, and the Lightning Bolt which indicates "Reserves" can be used with a Blitzkrieg attack.

The reason I was asking is that nowhere in the rulebook are those symbols shown or explained, at least on my read-throughs. Amphibious is mentioned a total of eight times in the rulebook, but that symbol is not associated with any of the references, for example.

Are they shown in the Playbook, perhaps?

F Schachter wrote:
... thanks for your interest in HITLER'S REICH: A CARD CONQUEST SYSTEM GAME.

You're welcome, I've been following this for a long time and it's one only a few P500s this year from GMT that I've preordered and am excited for. Can't wait for the Vassal module as well (and playbook PDF whistle).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Schachter
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Dave,

To respond to your above question, a grid of all Event cards (lines) and their symbols (Columns) is provided with the game's Player Aid Card #2.

That summary is a handy reference to all the game's Event Cards and their capabilities.

Sorry for the confusion caused in having only the Rule Book and Player Aid Card #1 to go by.

Thanks again for your interest in HITLER'S REICH: A CARD CONQUEST SYSTEM GAME.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect, thanks for the reply, Fred!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.