Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is it possible to cast spell on empty space? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Chyła
Poland
flag msg tools
Hello there!

As thread title says - is it possible to cast spell on space without zombies, just to generate noise there? (provided its in LOS of course)

Rulebook does not have official answer, but it states that attacks "target spaces instead of figures" which implies I could technically cast spell on empty space without enemies to put sound marker there.

Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noise generates at point of origin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The noise marker is placed on the space of the spell caster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Chyła
Poland
flag msg tools
Okay thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To answer the original question, it seems that it would be OK to target a Zone without Zombies, though. The only reason I can think of is that you want to try to intentionally shoot a Survivor, though that seems unlikely to be of use either. Using it to generate noise in your Zone is redundant due to the Make Noise action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nullptr128 wrote:
Hello there!

As thread title says - is it possible to cast spell on space without zombies, just to generate noise there? (provided its in LOS of course)

Rulebook does not have official answer, but it states that attacks "target spaces instead of figures" which implies I could technically cast spell on empty space without enemies to put sound marker there.

Is that correct?

As far as I can recall, there is no way to "throw" noise to another space. It must occur in the space you're in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the subject line alone, all I could imagine was that he wanted to cast magic missile at the darkness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Chyła
Poland
flag msg tools
Ender Wiggin wrote:
From the subject line alone, all I could imagine was that he wanted to cast magic missile at the darkness.

Of course!

Anyway my rulebook (polish) does not state clear enough that noise is generated on origin square and generating noise far away with spell looked like nice tactics. Perhaps I am not too experienced with game still, but I never really abused noise in any precticable way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.