Hide
10 Posts

HEXplore It: The Valley of the Dead King» Forums » General

Subject: In stock at coolstuff rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Steitz
msg tools
Like the title says, right now there are 19 copies for sale for anyone wanting to pick up VotDK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Palmatier
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
Honey + Yeast + Time = Nectar of the Gods
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know if it's the Kickstarter version? I think that's the only version out there right now, but wanted to be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Steitz
msg tools
It doesn’t say but I assumed so. I’m not aware of a retail version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Potter
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flaeryn wrote:
Anyone know if it's the Kickstarter version? I think that's the only version out there right now, but wanted to be sure.

I purchased the 'retail' version from another vendor. I believe the only difference is we don't receive the young golden dragon race. Great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oleary393 wrote:
flaeryn wrote:

I purchased the 'retail' version from another vendor. I believe the only difference is we don't receive the young golden dragon race. Great game.

Correct, there really isn't a "retail" version. (BTW - I got mine a couple weeks ago from CoolStuff... it's a lot of game packing the box!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Palmatier
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, does that mean it has the Kitsune and Leprechaun, then? I messaged them on FB this morning, but haven't gotten a response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Potter
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flaeryn wrote:
So, does that mean it has the Kitsune and Leprechaun, then? I messaged them on FB this morning, but haven't gotten a response.

Yes. 24 classes and 30 races. Both of those races are included. The leprechaun might be a bit op but fun to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Palmatier
United States
In the middle of nowhere
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They just responded and said as much. Didn't mention the young golden dragon, but I'm not as concerned about that one, as there are other dragon races.

Gosh darn it - I might have to put in an order, then. Will talk to husband about it. Need to consider what else I would order with it. There are a few games I'm considering, but not sure if I want some of them or need more info. I suppose I could try the hold option...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Potter
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flaeryn wrote:
They just responded and said as much. Didn't mention the young golden dragon, but I'm not as concerned about that one, as there are other dragon races.

Gosh darn it - I might have to put in an order, then. Will talk to husband about it. Need to consider what else I would order with it. There are a few games I'm considering, but not sure if I want some of them or need more info. I suppose I could try the hold option...

I just read there's another difference. The 'retail' version has 1 six sided hex die while the kickstarter has a total of 7 (one for each group member). If you have more die lying around, it's not a big deal. It's completely playable with only 1 though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
flag msg tools
The KS is the 2nd edition I believe and corrects some minor stuff and has new map artwork. The one at CSI is the 1st edition.

Oops sold out anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.