Hide
6 Posts

The 7th Continent» Forums » General

Subject: Crystal Song Card size too small?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Wood
msg tools
I may be crazy but after printing out the crystal song intro curse I noticed the cards are markedly smaller than the base game cards of my 2nd edition Kickstarter version I just received. Is this a thing? Any word if the real version of this curse will match the larger size?? Are my cards mistakenly too big? Slightly confused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
American in Chile
Chile
Temuco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is your software set to print to fit the page or actual size? I printed actual size, and they're the same as the real cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Wood
msg tools
Ah- possibly- I printed the pdf from my phone. I’d just heard something about the new editions cards being slightly larger than the first edition. Wondered if it had something to do with that. Totally possible- will try printing another way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snogurt wrote:
Ah- possibly- I printed the pdf from my phone. I’d just heard something about the new editions cards being slightly larger than the first edition. Wondered if it had something to do with that. Totally possible- will try printing another way.

It doesn’t really matter for the pnp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snogurt wrote:
I may be crazy but after printing out the crystal song intro curse I noticed the cards are markedly smaller than the base game cards of my 2nd edition Kickstarter version I just received. Is this a thing? Any word if the real version of this curse will match the larger size?? Are my cards mistakenly too big? Slightly confused.

Proxy the curse, you want that to be the same weight as everything else anyway.

The clue is just in your journal, you don't need to do anything special.

There are 4 green cards.
1 of those green cards is 'mixed in' with the others of that number -- proxy another green card in for the shuffle if you get to there, and if it's the not-same-number, you found the special one.
2 of those green cards are the same number and unique to crystal song, just keep them aside and randomly choose one.
The last of the green cards is directed to be drawn when certain conditions are met on the original curse card, so that doesn't need to be the same size.

The rest are "Fog" cards, which also don't need to be the right size.

You should be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Wood
msg tools
Ok great! Thanks for the reply. Excited to get into it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.