Subject: Lucida's effect (cannot retreat) - Explanation? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke
United Kingdom
Ipswich
flag msg tools
Edit (original question changed!)

So I re-read the rules, and they do say moving toward or away from your opponent is an Advance or retreat.

So my only question is:

if you play Dodge against Lucida's effect, and move toward her (to dodge past her) you are doing an Advance' not a retreat.

So I guess you can dodge through this card? < (last question regarding this).

Deleted original post as it became a jumbled mess of non-sensical statements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A movement action is the same until completion. Advancing past an opponent does not become Retreat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United Kingdom
Ipswich
flag msg tools
So, you can use dodge against that affect then?

As you aren't doing a retreat?

EDIT: Added in the link to the post where the answer says:

"1. Moving away from your opponent is retreating, whether it's from a move or retreat effect."

(I'll leave this post here as it answered most of my questions).

Still curious about dodge vs this card though .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The movement doesn't switch types halfway through. Let's say you are Rukyuk and the position is xxLRxxx.

xxLRxxx > dodging forward 2 spaces to RxLxxxx is fine - you've advanced 2, and there was no "retreat". You were going forward and overshot.

xxLRxxx > dodging backwards 2 spaces to xxLxxRx is not OK - you retreated 2, moving 2 away from the opponent.

xxLxxxR > Reloading backwards 3 spaces to xxLxxxR is also not OK - you moved backwards away from the opponent, so you still get caught.

The easiest way to think of "opponents cannot retreat" is "opponents cannot enter spaces that were behind them right before the start of their movement."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United Kingdom
Ipswich
flag msg tools
Yeah it's clear now.

To be honest this confusion came from a game on tts where someone said I couldn't move forward as it was a retreat.

All makes sense now.

Thanks for the explanation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.