United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
\|/
badge
/|\
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me or have other people received inconsistent card sleeve sizes. I haven't gone through all the sleeve packs yet, but I seem to have 2 different sizes, one is about 1.5mm wider than the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I used Mayday Games Premium Card Sleeves - 80mmx80mm (MDG-7145). Sleeved about 250 cards....all fit fine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Jones
United States
Wauwatosa
WISCONSIN
flag msg tools
Sean
badge
Sean
mbmbmbmbmb
I've sleeved the whole game with the provided sleeves, and didn't notice any variation in size. There's still a lot of sleeves left in the box for the expansions, though, so I may find some later, but as of now, no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McDonald
United States
Yonkers
New York
flag msg tools
\|/
badge
/|\
mbmbmbmbmb
I just hit a 3rd size. This is only a minor difference from the narrower ones, but it is enough that it is hard to get the cards in to them.

Its not like the cards are shuffled all that much so it is not a big deal, I was just hoping for a bit better quality for what they cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Baughman

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
Will Code For Food
mbmbmbmb
Some people have reported cards cut slightly large.. is it possible you have that problem making it worse?

My 200 premium sleeves were fine. I have also used 300+ thin sleeves and those have been fine too. Obviously, like the color issue people have, YMMV.

I would report to them any packs of sleeves that are too tight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jones
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
binarysunrise wrote:
I used Mayday Games Premium Card Sleeves - 80mmx80mm (MDG-7145). Sleeved about 250 cards....all fit fine

Well, then I may have to bust open another pack and try again, because my Mayday 80x80 had to really stretch to allow the cards in and then had just the slightest hint of a bend, enough to make the bend "pop" from one direction to another. I tried several cards and several sleeves...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most packs for me fit nicely, but a few were snuuuuug and one pack was just too tight to use. There was another odd pack that fit fine, but was a tad wider than the rest.
Edit: The official 7th continent sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yury M
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same issue, mostly half of provided sleeves were smaller than right size and it was very difficult to put cards inside them without damaging either card or sleeve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MacDouglass Kinnick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Hee Haw!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like turtles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quaoar 10
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chestond wrote:
Most packs for me fit nicely, but a few were snuuuuug and one pack was just too tight to use. There was another odd pack that fit fine, but was a tad wider than the rest.
Edit: The official 7th continent sleeves.

Same here, one pack was too narrow. SP kindly sent me a replacement pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
They await the King
badge
The Snarky Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
650 sleeved here, no sleeve was inconsistent. Satchel & Journal had a tighter fit, but still fit well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Boekholt
msg tools
I had like 200 7th continent sleeves that were very tight. But after reading a tip in the comments section on kickstarter, I tried to fit a divider into the tight sleeves. After that, all 200 sleeves fitted perfectly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DropDeadCriminal wrote:
Is it just me or have other people received inconsistent card sleeve sizes. I haven't gone through all the sleeve packs yet, but I seem to have 2 different sizes, one is about 1.5mm wider than the other.

If you haven't done so, please tell SP about this, as they are trying to ascertain how widespread the problems with mis-sized cards and sleeves are.

Sidebar: the 7C "official" sleeves are reportedly re-branded Mayday premiums, and Mayday has a reputation for inconsistent sleeve sizes. i've experienced with different sleeves of theirs, but not the 7C sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virgil Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had the same problem, although I'm not sure if it's a card or sleeve issue. The sleeves supplied by SP fit the first pack of action cards, but stretch over cards from the second and third packs (which are slightly larger), making them bow. I may have small sleeves, or it may be that standard 80x80 sleeves simply won't fit over the mis-sized cards.

SP (eventually) said they'd send me replacement sleeves, but these haven't turned up yet. I'm now using Ultimate Guard 82x82, which fit all the cards perfectly, without any noticeable gap - they also fit the card trays fine. I wish I hadn't wasted $10 on unusable sleeves from Serious Poulp, but at least I've got a playable game now - as long as I ignore the miscoloured backs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 3 sizes.
1 - nice fit
2 - snug fit - 7 packs
3 - very tight fit and bends the cards - 18 packs

guess I have to buy more packs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oriol jauma
msg tools
For me, 4 packs bought, 4 packs tight!

So they are consistently tight. I'd rather not sleeve my cards atm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.