Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do you merge presidencies when the Governor General card is played in the solo scenario? And if you have two governors when this card is played what happens to the governor whose presidency is not the one to be the consolidated presidency location/office?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Blight
Netherlands
Wageningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The wording of the scenario rules indicates that this is the case:

pg26:
Quote:
In the Evening Post Phase, skip Attrition and Proposed Laws, except
the Governor General, which will always be created after that game
turn’s event rolls. If no regions are dominated when the Governor
General is created, the game is over.

The governors will be maintained but merged into the same 'ribbon' (you know you can have multiple provincial offices per presidency, right?)

I don't believe it matters which Presidency you merge into, since the only difference is where they can campaign, and GG stops presidencies from campaigning anyway, so I just merge to whichever one involves moving fewer regions around!

The new order of the merged regions is not mentioned, so I continue to play them by age of office, i.e. oldest offices fist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No, I did not know that you can have multiple governors in the same presidency. That is the source of my confusion. I did not see that anywhere in the rulebook, but I did see the term "corresponding presidency" several times and so I thought they are a matched set. Can you tell me where you found the description of multiple governors in a single presidency?

I was originally thinking that the governor general card was just a timing device in this scenario - have a governor by the time the card is played or lose the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Blight
Netherlands
Wageningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Under the Campaign action rule it seems clear:

Quote:
The Campaign Action: Select a target from those listed next to the Campaign Action icon. Presidents have only one listed target. Governor cards list multiple targets. Any listed region can be targeted as long as it is not dominated by the Company.
Victory: If the Check (F2) is successful, the region is conquered and is now dominated by the Company and open for trade. Move the region to
the presidency associated with the President or governor that took the Campaign Action. Create the corresponding provincial office and place it on the region's card, covering only the right event column. This office will be filled at the start of the next Company Phase.

Also note the graphics on the card indicate the thick red company track continues beyond an office. bacon thumbsup

Learning this game is hard! I've just about got the hang of it myself (I think), next I need to learn the post-monopoly aspect! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't recall the rules explicitly starting that you can have multiple governors in a presidency, but it isn't necessary to state that in the first place. Reread The Campaign Action and the Victory sections on page 13. Each successful campaign action results in the creation of the corresponding Provincial Office. So an existing Governor could win a campaign, thus creating another Provincial Office within that same Presidency.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Learning this game is difficult, but it is such a good game I feel I must continue to soldier on.

Some more play examples in the rulebook would have been a real plus!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
We messed this one up too, putting all regions under the governor. Made for some great taxation until we got it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.