Subject: Choosing Between Zombicide: Invader OR 2 other games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robbi Samson
Philippines
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Hi, guys!

Just have a short query. I'm fairly new to board gaming (started last Dec. 2017), and my collection is still pretty small...

However, I am LOVING the theme of Zombicide:Invader, and feel like it can be fun, esp. with all the extras on KS.

For the price though, I can actually buy 2 other very solid games instead.

I can probably buy like:

INIS & ZOMBICIDE: GREEN HORDE for the price of 1 Z:I.

What do you guys recommend? Is it better to buy the 2?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
flag msg tools
Welcome to the hobby and bgg

Since you're new to gaming with a small collection maybe INIS & ZOMBICIDE: GREEN HORDE are the way to go? You'll have plenty of opportunities to back other kickstarters once you have a few more games under you're belt.
You could also back Zombicide: Invader for 1$ now and decide if you want the game when the pledge manager opens in a couple of months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve O'Grady
United States
Jacksonville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My thoughts are...you like the idea of Zombicide:Invader.
Then back it.
These CMON Zombicide style games only come around once a year or so.
And with CMON, for the base price, you get double the minis than if you buy the base Game a year later.
Make the pledge.
Buy the two other games later in the year.
Once that package hits your front door, you will never regret that pledge.

Just my 2 cents...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan P
Belgium
Roeselare
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GeekDadGamer wrote:
My thoughts are...you like the idea of Zombicide:Invader.
Then back it.
These CMON Zombicide style games only come around once a year or so.
And with CMON, for the base price, you get double the minis than if you buy the base Game a year later.
Make the pledge.
Buy the two other games later in the year.
Once that package hits your front door, you will never regret that pledge.

Just my 2 cents...

Steve's advice is golden, I've had this regret about 2 times now (though my wallet thanked me in the long run). Green Horde is a good Zombicide experience but honestly I'd pick up Black Plague first if this is your first zombicide. The zombies tend to be a lot harder in Green Horde. Also if you'd pick up a Zombicide I'd just back the pledge, you'll get a lot more for your money's worth. Also Inis is a good choice and a great game, I'd wish it would hit the table more at our home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xiong ie
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
And Zombicide has only been getting better and better, every new version they make has outdo the previous one. We don't really know how good Invader is vs the previous Zombicides, but it looks a lot more strategic. If you like it, get it, the price point is high, but you are getting a lot out of it vs retail.

And also on top of that, you will probably spend a lot of time playing Zombicide: Invader, so you don't have to worry about getting more games over one game.

Only downside is, you won't be getting your game till next summer.

+ Probably the better Zombicide
+ Exclusive & extras
+ Good replayability
- Get your game next summer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fnorbl Fnorblobson
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suggest you to go with Zombicide: Invaders. Sure, it'll take a while until you receive it, but you get a lot of extra content, and if it turns out that you like the game as much as you assume, then you will want that content. Just pay good attention on what extras you really want, such as the extra tile set.

You can always buy some cheaper dungeon crawler now, in addition to Invaders, to pass the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Nolan
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mb
I'm with Tullis. Two good games now is a lot better than one game many months from now.

I don't use a lot of the Kickstarter extras I got with my Zombicide pledges at all and most of the rest I could do without. The retail game is fine. I did not back original Zombicide and I don't regret it at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robbz18 wrote:
INIS & ZOMBICIDE: GREEN HORDE for the price of 1 Z:I.
Definitely get Inis. Skip Zombicide: <Whatever>, unless you plan to sell it to make a profit.

Instead get another good game that you'll enjoy playing for a long time. If it has to have minis, maybe look into other titles from Matagot, e.g. Cyclades or Kemet.

If you specifically want a CMON game, Rising Sun is probably their best, so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy 2 games you can play and enjoy now. Zombicide in any of its versions is a mediocre game at best. It's fun, but really it's just a dice rolling fest at heart. Invaders doesn't look to be bringing much to the table other than some Warhammer style space marines and tentacle aliens that really aren't zombies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbi Samson
Philippines
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot for the very valuable input, guys. Really helped!

Just so you know, I live in the Philippines, and the total cost of the game on my end would be $140.00.

Which is a lot. Haha. I could buy Gloomhaven for that price.

I am loving the theme, the minis, and the like. But the gameplay, I just recently bought Arcadia Quest and I already have Fireteam Zero (which, correct me if I am wrong, is a bit similar to Zombicide?).

So I really appreciate the inputs, really.

In case, do you have any other suggestions for games (coop or competitive) that are not quite hard to learn but are fun for a long time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Felts
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spirit Island

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.