United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Them cards will screw you...
badge
Lil anteater nose!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey ya'll!
So I watched Tom Vasel's first impressions video on this and it looked pretty fun. Now, my questions to those who own and have played the game:
How would this game be for casual gamers? Not super into heavy euros but can totally play that type of game.
How easy is this game to acquire? Is it like a Kickstarter thing, or was it released to retail distributors? If it is available from retail distribution my FLGS will be able to get it in all likelihood.
Is this game easy or at least somewhat tolerably taught? I'd probably be teaching the game to at least 1 new person each time. Basically, is the general idea easy to grasp and explain?
Hopefully I can get these questions answered soon.
Thanks gamers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwin Hebot
msg tools
mbmbmb
As this game is going to be released at GenCon in August 2018, you will probably find few people who played the game, reviewers and playtesters notwithstanding.

From the coverage from Nürnberg game fair, GAMA et al. I got the impression that this is a medium-light game with little rule complexity. The mechanism to acquire cards - drafting dice, the higher the pip value the earlier you chose but the more you pay - seems simple to explain. I do not know what the cards do exactly, but it seems they will mainly manipulate the 4 different tracks in the game (gold income, knight (?) income, VP, map movement). Additionally, there are communal goal cards players can claim.

The decisions players have to make comes from the interplay of this individually simple mechanisms, which might be hard for casual gamers. But I think you can still have a good time, if you are not trying to optimize every move.

What I expect given that eggertspiele is now a Plan B division that they will have a good rules video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark andre collin
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
i played the game and its a heavy euro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Schlickbernd
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was at The Gathering in April apparently and got positive buzz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.