4 Posts

Battle Hymn Vol.1: Gettysburg and Pea Ridge» Forums » Variants

Subject: Variant: FORCED MARCHES rule rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Capt. Jacques Moineau
msg tools
Hi folks,

Wondering if you might be interested in testing the following house rule proposal:

5.5. FORCED MARCHES

Before moving a unit the active player can decide this unit will undertake a forced march with the following consquences

The unit benefits from 2 (two) additional movement points
The unit cannot enter an enemy ZOC (troops need to rest a bit before engaging the enemy)
Upon completion of its movement the unit must roll for a morale check to see if it suffers from demoralization.
PASS: No effect
FAIL: One SP is demoralized (place a DM marker accordingly).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Oliver
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds cool.

I will have to try it out with my next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilbert Collins
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
It sounds innocent enough, but I don't think it's necessary. It could severely imbalance the game. Time/space wise the map is relatively small. You could also get into all kinds of problems that I have seen in so many past "Gettysburg". The age old problem of what you do when enemy units block the entry hex. Eric already has that covered of course, but in the practice gmaes that I have played it has not been an issue. Force marching could open up New and unnecessary problems. With the game less than a month old do we really need House rules?

I dare say nobody has played yet with all of the optional rules, including hidden units and variable arrival.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the reasons to suggest that variant?
Does it try to fix something that the RAW don't manage well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.