Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

A4 Quest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fight an enemy after my result quest was "fight it with -X modifier" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefano Molinari
Germany
Sulzbach am Taunus
-Choose a state-
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Ok, I am playing into the abyss, after the quest on the first space in S1/01/03 with result of 2 "fight and enemy with -X modifier" I move on space #2 at no cost, I roll the adventure die and get a 4, I have found a monster.

Now I have an active die with 4 which I "spared" for the fight and use it to fight this monster BUT due to the result of my previously performed quest my die is reduced by 1 to a 3...CORRECT?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me reread that

No, I still don't get it.

Modifiers reduce the level of the enemy you fight, not your dice's value
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Molinari
Germany
Sulzbach am Taunus
-Choose a state-
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Well, then "fight it with -X modifier" should be placed on the result ="3" and the result = "2" should be "empty" (nothing happens).

This way when questing, "1" would be a bad quest, 2 is nothing and from "3" onwards are all good results, this is why I was confused and I still think I could be right, are you really sure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Meyer
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I also don't entirely understand your scenario.
Does it start with this?:
-You enter S1/01/03.
-You choose to Quest (use a die).
-You roll Adventure Die to see what kind of Quest. You rolled a 2.
-You choose a die from your pool for this Quest that has now turned into an Encounter (use a die).
-You roll Adventure Die to see how strong the Enemy.

After that, I can't track your scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
DylanCane wrote:
Well, then "fight it with -X modifier" should be placed on the result ="3" and the result = "2" should be "empty" (nothing happens).

This way when questing, "1" would be a bad quest, 2 is nothing and from "3" onwards are all good results, this is why I was confused and I still think I could be right, are you really sure?

2 is either nothing (lost die) or a monster, which means 1 additional lost die but 1 XP, or 1 additional die and life lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Molinari
Germany
Sulzbach am Taunus
-Choose a state-
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
meyer1633 wrote:
-You roll Adventure Die to see what kind of Quest. You rolled a 2.
-You choose a die from your pool for this Quest that has now turned into an Encounter (use a die).

ok, I had not understood that a Quest = "2" means you encounter a Monster in "that" space, now it makes sense. This is a bed event, therefore it is fine it is on Quest ="2".

All clear guys, thanks for the support!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.