Subject: The Humanist Pope rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw this on CNN, and wondered how popes of the recent past would have responded;

Boy asks pope if atheist father is in heaven
Pope Francis consoled a young boy who told him that his father didn't believe in God before he died. The boy asked the Pope if his father could still be in heaven.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2018/04/18/pope-francis-com...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
well I guess it most be really annoying to that group of humourless 'pious' christians out there but apparrently god can let anyone he \she \it choses to into heaven without a uniform dress code and doesn't have to ask their permission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Catholic dogma has long provided for the possibility that non-adherents get into heaven. So I'm not sure why this seems surprising.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, total non-story.
Jesus told the parable of the man with two son's, one who said, "Yes, father" and then ignored him and the other who said, "No" and then went and did what he said.

Pope said "who am I to judge?" and proceeded to provide comfort by pointing out what the man did that were indications what was truly on his heart.

Let God judge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.