Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt W
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got posted to FF page.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/4/19/enter-t...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot! Hopefully, my pre-order will be on the lightning-fast truck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt W
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right? I need those sensible shoes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PK Levine
United States
Rossville
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just called my FLGS and they don't have it in yet, darn it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
My Pre-order just arrived this morning! I also picked up the Beyond the threshold expansion. Woohoo, can't wait to play them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It really is a wonderful game system. My kids and I are enjoying the heck out of all of it. Check out the custom stuff on Valkyrie as well. Some really good efforts have been made there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BFL's going down (under)
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up my copy on Sunday, hoping to get it to the table tomorrow. I'll aim to provide a mini-review if I do.

As with Beyond the Threshold, my initial thoughts on unboxing are a little underwhelming - there's not much in it.

Only one new monster (two minis) - the wraith
Two new investigators - Charlie Kane and Lily Chen - both look kinda dull/underpowered compared to the new Streets of Arkham investigators, although Charlie Kane is potentially quite useful in a bigger (4 or 5P game)
Only five new tiles
Two new spells, one new condition, one new mechanic (restraints), and a few new items. The items and one spell largely interact with the restraint mechanic, and there are a couple of new injury/madness cards that interact with the condition.

There are also a couple of new insanity cards, but I haven't read them (don't want to spoil the surprise), and a couple of unique items that are only there for scenario purposes (silver twilight lodge membership, mainly).

However, the value of MoM expansions is mainly in the scenarios, and what's in the box is just an enabler of the scenarios, so that will be proof of the pudding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BFL's going down (under)
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We didn't play - we played the Ill-Fated Exhibit scenario from Streets of Arkham instead.

Hopefully soon, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Kiley
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigfluffylemon wrote:
Picked up my copy on Sunday, hoping to get it to the table tomorrow. I'll aim to provide a mini-review if I do.

As with Beyond the Threshold, my initial thoughts on unboxing are a little underwhelming - there's not much in it.

Only one new monster (two minis) - the wraith
Two new investigators - Charlie Kane and Lily Chen - both look kinda dull/underpowered compared to the new Streets of Arkham investigators, although Charlie Kane is potentially quite useful in a bigger (4 or 5P game)
Only five new tiles
Two new spells, one new condition, one new mechanic (restraints), and a few new items. The items and one spell largely interact with the restraint mechanic, and there are a couple of new injury/madness cards that interact with the condition.

There are also a couple of new insanity cards, but I haven't read them (don't want to spoil the surprise), and a couple of unique items that are only there for scenario purposes (silver twilight lodge membership, mainly).

However, the value of MoM expansions is mainly in the scenarios, and what's in the box is just an enabler of the scenarios, so that will be proof of the pudding.

I agree. I feel like every new expansion is more of a tool kit for scenario-building rather than a normal expansion. I just wish we’d get an official scenario builder.

Plus, I love to see how the new pieces change up old scenarios. The new Stressed condition looks like it can be a real bear. (Basically, lose a success on the next roll you make.) And hopefully we’ll see the Wraiths making a few appearances in unexpected places.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.