al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SHCD'ers

If you haven't seen Mario Ciriaco's (msixtynine) amazing compilation of all SHCD cases in chronological order ... I've attached the link below.
My question is ... has anyone out there played the entire caseload from start to finish in chronological order? If so ... how was the experience?

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1771261/old-and-new-newbie-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not even close!

But, in fairness, I have only owned the game(s) for 34 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wwalker98 wrote:
Not even close!

But, in fairness, I have only owned the game(s) for 34 years.

I'm with you ... got the Sleuth edition way back in 82 or so. Wondering if anyone has attempted this and maybe have gotten through the early cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Neale
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"The game is afoot!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt anyone has, as people will tend to play set by set, as they acquire them.

Also, skipping back and forth between different sets and fan cases may actually be quite jarring, so I'm not sure whether this would be a good way to play. But who knows, it could add something to the experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whitescar wrote:
I doubt anyone has, as people will tend to play set by set, as they acquire them.

Also, skipping back and forth between different sets and fan cases may actually be quite jarring, so I'm not sure whether this would be a good way to play. But who knows, it could add something to the experience.

That's what I'm thinking. I happen to be fortunate enough to have gotten all of the Sleuth Publication copies when they were released in the 80s. Unfortunately, Adventures by Gaslight was purchased, and lost.

Funny ... I purchased it in NYC, visited the Empire State Building, put the package down to look through binoculars, and never picked the package back up.

If any of you out there found your copy of Adventures By Gaslight on the top of the ESB circa 1988 ... please give it back! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Banjo John
Denmark
flag msg tools
albcann wrote:
[q="whitescar"]Funny ... I purchased it in NYC, visited the Empire State Building, put the package down to look through binoculars, and never picked the package back up.

If any of you out there found your copy of Adventures By Gaslight on the top of the ESB circa 1988 ... please give it back! laugh

I was there, that windy day in '88. I saw the whole thing. The perp was a man, late twenties, short brown hair. He was wearing jeans and a BALL shirt. He had been watching you and your package for a few minutes and acted quickly once he saw you set it down to use the binoculars. When he went for the package, he dropped a receipt from his pocket. The receipt was for buying a 10-pack carton of cigarettes at 7-11. Brand was Camel (menthol).
I hope this will help you in your investigation.

NB. The day after I witnessed it, I gave my friend the same information and asked him to solve the case. He got it right and scored 100 points. See if you can beat his score (and get your game back).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
banjojohn wrote:
He got it right and scored 100 points. See if you can beat his score (and get your game back).

I failed because of misprints and misunderstood information. The text said go right past the police station. I went right past the police station.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.