Popular Tags: [View All]
David Arlington
United States
Summerdale
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get it. How can you have a Terminator game with a ton of minis and not have Sarah Connor?

Not even as a stretch goal?

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Apparently, they couldn't get the rights to Linda Hamilton
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isn't she dead by 2029?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Arlington
United States
Summerdale
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EMBison wrote:
Apparently, they couldn't get the rights to Linda Hamilton

This is Terminator Genisys. They don't need Linda Hamilton's likeness.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gofton
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for the record this isn't a designer or publishers choice... we're BOUND legally.

1 - We can't use Linda Hamilton because her likeness doesn't belong to Genisys licensing. Same with Lena Headly.

2 - The actress Emilia Clarke has refused to allow us to use her or her likeness. So that rules out Sarah.

3 - She's dead in the time frame we've set the game in.

Not our choice... I WISH we could... we've tried.

Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pseudo Nym
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lynnvander wrote:
Just for the record this isn't a designer or publishers choice... we're BOUND legally.

1 - We can't use Linda Hamilton because her likeness doesn't belong to Genisys licensing. Same with Lena Headly.

2 - The actress Emilia Clarke has refused to allow us to use her or her likeness. So that rules out Sarah.

Sorry.

That's weird about Emilia Clarke. You coulda always done like River Horse did with Sean Connery in the Highlander game? Although yeah, your timeframe being what it is, hardly worth the rigmarole.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Arlington
United States
Summerdale
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lynnvander wrote:

Sorry.

Thank you for your answer and your efforts. I know it's not the timeframe but since when has that ever impeded this franchise?

But your answer makes total sense, I appreciate you taking the time to give it. The game does look great! I was just curious, is all.

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elwyn Chow
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
DocSavage2001 wrote:

Thank you for your answer and your efforts. I know it's not the timeframe but since when has that ever impeded this franchise?

Because lawyers are as relentless as a T-800.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.