Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Thomas
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have 3 Hoplites, and I'm facing 2 Persian Hoplites... for the purpose of Flank Attack, am I facing 2 opponent Hoplites or 4 opponent Hoplites?

SOLO RULES - ARMY TYPES SAYS:
Green units represent Persian armies. Their forces are much more numerous, and to signify that, every green Hoplite is two times stronger than yours (it has two points of Strength and it's value counts as 2 when comparing to the Population Strength of any Region on the Map).

FLANK ATTACK SAYS:
If you have more Hoplites than your opponent in this Battle, add 2 to your Army Strength.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stavros tsiakalos
msg tools
mbmb
You are facing 2. There are two different things here: number of hoplites and army strength. The hoplites have twice the normal strength, but when the game refers to how many hoplites there are somewhere, it means actual miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Thomas
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I've been playing it.

So, Stavros... are you presuming or do you have an official source on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Samborski
Poland
Wrocław
dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
Stavros is right, you count the number of actual figurines for purposes of Flank Attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.