Hide
5 Posts

Star Wars: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Buying Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
CJ S
msg tools
I have one copy of everything. Worth picking up a second copy of the base or any of the deluxe before they are out of print? I am just a casual player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing worth getting a 2nd copy of is the core and Edge of Darkness. (both of them only contain 1x of all pods)

Everything else you're fine with 1x as they contain 2x of all 2x playable pods.

Since it's always lightside vs darkside, there's no real need for more than 1 full playset unless you're doing 2v2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rokkon wrote:
Since it's always lightside vs darkside, there's no real need for more than 1 full playset unless you're doing 2v2.

Even in 2v2, 1 playset is enough as you can't use more than that anyway:

Balance of the Force rulebook wrote:
Objective set limits that would apply to a single player in 1v1 play are applied to the entire team. For instance, a
team may not have more than two copies of any standard objective set, by title, in their decks. If an objective set has the text “Limit 1 per objective deck,” only one player on the team may use a copy of that objective set in his deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Butler
United States
White Sands Missile Range
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rokkon wrote:
The only thing worth getting a 2nd copy of is the core and Edge of Darkness. (both of them only contain 1x of all pods)

This- and since you do have one of everything already, you may as well get another of each of these to round out the collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I definitely recommend another copy of Edge of Darkness and another core set, even for casual players like me. It makes a huge difference in gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.