Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danilo de Alcantara
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We have blasted past the first episode in our Solstice Interlude! I have never seen a group of adventures so eager to engage in a Boss Fight, but then again, it's a party of over 3000 Heroes...

You know the drill! Decide what alternate artwork you would like to see for our Lava Tiles:

Poll
What would you rather see in your custom Arena battlefields?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Acid pool
8.3% 24
Electrostatic field
41.3% 119
Spike pit
50.3% 145
Voters 288
This poll is now closed.   288 answers
Poll created by dragori_dan
Closes: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:00 am

Lava is a Terrain Tile a simple function in the gameplay: when you step on it, or finish your turn on it (in case you started on it and did not get away), you take 4 HP damage. It may not seem like much when some Heroes have as many as 70 HP, but you should not ignore it, as for the course of an entire game, this accumulated damage can be severe.

Remember that the images you see on the unlocked banner are not final (actually, they are not even initial). In the final look of the game, regardless of what you choose, everything will coexist harmoniously and within the same visual theme.

What is your preferred tile? Do you have any other idea? Comment your reasons below!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garon Jols
msg tools
mb
Electricity seems to "always be missing" in Dungeon Crawlers... And it's a shame... Electricity can be generated by magic (for example), like some sort of mystical "storm"... I went with that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Freddy
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No dungeon is complete without a spike pit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Martins
Brazil
flag msg tools
Spike Pit is Horrible Noooooo

Eletrostatic is awesome vote him plzzzz kkkkkkkkk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kenna
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The electrostatic field looks kind of weird just sitting there. Maybe it could have some kind of Tesla orb in the center square, with the field generated in the squares around it? Might look better...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfredo Camacho
Mexico
flag msg tools
CustardPie wrote:
No dungeon is complete without a spike pit!
Right! is a classic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owangolama
United States
California
flag msg tools
Agreed that pit is classic, but it doesn't really make much sense in this case since the characters are, if I understand correctly, supposed to continue on relatively normally afterwards. With a pit, they'd have to climb out or something. With an electromagnetic field, they'd receive their ouchies and keep soldiering on. So I voted field.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed. * Click the yellow microbadge for discounted microbadges!! *
mbmbmbmbmb
I love me a good classic spike pit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christo Lockxxx
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
owangolama wrote:
Agreed that pit is classic, but it doesn't really make much sense in this case since the characters are, if I understand correctly, supposed to continue on relatively normally afterwards. With a pit, they'd have to climb out or something. With an electromagnetic field, they'd receive their ouchies and keep soldiering on. So I voted field.

That is the exact reason why the Pit is much more interesting. What is the difference between lava and the electrostatic field? I think perhaps you are looking at this from a game design view instead of a player view - no offense intended of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane DUGUET
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
if the artwork don't change : spike pit.

Acid if there is few buble ?
And electricity same as a previous comment, it's missing something to keep it there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sofoklis Kyriklakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Electro field seems a good idea Of course they will make it better looking guys, you know them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burville
msg tools
Spike pit or electro is cool but I’d like to see a different game affect to the lava-something like the pit should be potentially much more damaging unless you can avoid being impaled. The electro on the other hand could have a sustained effect

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreu Sánchez
Spain
flag msg tools
christolockxxx wrote:
owangolama wrote:

That is the exact reason why the Pit is much more interesting. What is the difference between lava and the electrostatic field? I think perhaps you are looking at this from a game design view instead of a player view - no offense intended of course.

I think you're assuming there's gonna be a change of rules between the lava and the spike pit, and I don't think that's gonna happen.
Tha change is purely cosmetical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall COBB
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Come on Electrostatic Field!!! Momma needs a new pair of shoes!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Duran
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today's opposite day for me, the spike pit is my least favorite, LOL! Any of them are good, I voted for the Electro/blue one. I take it the pictures are not in the order of vote listing? The spike pit being the black one, the acid being the green one? And the "undead" dwarf will look ... undead? All good, great game and campaign!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Parrish

North Carolina
msg tools
The cave of Caerbannog, artwork would have a rabbit at the entrance of the cave. Look at the bones man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan S
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Acid is the easiest to see it stands out the best on the playing field compared to the other options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven McCarter
msg tools
I really like the electrostatic field; very versatile for traps, spells, random lightning bolts tossed by gods, etc. The spike pit is nice but not seems more passive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike A

Iowa
msg tools
mb
@Dan - Alexandre mentioned he'd think about some fun, simple implementations for traps and, if he came up with something good, he'd put more than 1 trap type in the box.

Please discuss w/ him. =)

Specific to the vote, electro would look best against the vanilla board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preston Van Camp

Clovis
California
msg tools
Spike pit definitely! It will add the most flavor to the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike A

Iowa
msg tools
mb
I still prefer “give us all of them” as the correct response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent-Michel Aubé
Canada
flag msg tools
sh4mike wrote:
I still prefer “give us all of them” as the correct response.

yes, me too

1-2 of each (and maybe more of spikes lol) could be perfect....
if its too much, maube as a "gift" if reaching a stretch goal for all of us, good followers lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.