BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Miniature skirmish games that play well in RPG Battle maps rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
João Caldinhas
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Hi guys,

As the title says I am looking for Miniature Skirmish games that play well on RPG battle maps.

I have a very casual friend that likes to play Song of Blades and Heroes with me and that game plays very well in the typical RPG battle map because there isn't much need for 3rd dimensional line of sight situations.

I was looking for other games that might fit the role, as we usually prefer maps for ease of transport and set up.

Best regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That’s one of the best. Maybe Frostgrave. But I think a song is better. Advanced Song of Blades and Heroes is great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Caldinhas
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
asgelb wrote:
That’s one of the best. Maybe Frostgrave. But I think a song is better. Advanced Song of Blades and Heroes is great.

I have tried Frostgrave but it didn't work very well, I think the ruins/exploration needs a lot of 3D elements to be at a good level.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Check out Relic Blade. It's from a (very) small publisher, so it might be hard to get, but it's great and plays on a grid very well. You could also try out the new Sellswords and Spellsingers (from the same company as Song, so even though it's different, it will feel familiar to you). The bonus of S&S is that it's inexpensive and easy to get at the Ganesha Games website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Martin
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeons & Dragons Miniatures and even D and D 4e rpg are great systems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Savage Worlds

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.