Subject: garden rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paolo Russo
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mb
I searched, but I couldnt find it: when I place a garden, should I limit my placement to a place I can reach by road?
The paragraph about the garden placement doesnt have any map restriction

Quote:
Place new houses and gardens

If your structure contains a new business developer, you may place a new house on the map, or add a garden to an existing house.

Placing a new house: A new house may be placed in any empty area on the map, provided the house is connected to at least one road. There are no range limitations. You may freely choose which house to place.

Placing a new garden: A new garden must be placed so that it connects to a house printed on a map tile. It has to connect over 2 squares, so that the final house and garden forms a 2x3 rectangle. Gardens may only be placed on empty squares. Each house may only get one garden. Turn the garden so that it is obvious which house it belongs to. Houses that have been placed on the board by a new business developer automatically come with a garden, and may not get another one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the garden does not have to be reached by a road. The house does.

The rules detail how the garden must be placed, but there is no road requirement for the garden.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That said, the placement of a garden does count towards road adjacency for the whole house during the "Go to the Restaurant" phase, if relevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.