Subject: Do I have to use activated item? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I activate an item in Step 1 of the Action resolution: Do I have to use it in the Result Step or can i forgo its effect?
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Let´s say I activated my Bolas in Step 1. Then I have enough successes in the Result Step without them. Can I forgo its effect so that I don´t have to discard them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't unspend the durability, but you don't have to use the benefit.

Unless you used an effect on a item that says "using this does not lower the durability of the item". If you did that, you can't back out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ogrecrusher wrote:
You can't unspend the durability, but you don't have to use the benefit.

Unless you used an effect on a item that says "using this does not lower the durability of the item". If you did that, you can't back out.

If I remember correctly I read somewhere that you first lower the pip, and only after you decided to use the item, you get the pip back, so it still should be possible, to decide against it (but you would have lost the pip)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might try the FAQ. I'm pretty sure this is one of the topics.

Link:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/151466/7th-continent-comm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the link!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack, the getting the pip back thing didn't match the official explanation we received. It's just that you have to decide if you are using such an item during the Item step.

In any case, a lot of these 'no loss of durability' items seem to have the white action you are taking rather than brown icons, and you definitely can't undo that pip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the question is: do I have to make the decision if I use such a card (that says "using this does not lower the durability of the item") in the Item Step or in the Result Step of an Action sequence?

The Bolas I don´t have to use anyways, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtiss Cox
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Bernhard Vierthaler wrote:
So the question is: do I have to make the decision if I use such a card (that says "using this does not lower the durability of the item") in the Item Step or in the Result Step of an Action sequence?

The Bolas I don´t have to use anyways, right?

If it has that clause, you have to decide at the Item step.

In the case of the Bolas, you can reduce the pip to make them available, and then choose not to throw them if you find them unnecessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.