J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Interesting that it comes out around "420 Day," the time when modern stoners celebrate by getting high...again.

https://us.cnn.com/2018/04/19/health/fda-committee-marijuana...

CBD, a derivate of certain strains of marijuana, is the key element in helping control severe seizures in patients, especially younger ones. Unlike THC, it will not get users "high" in any sense.

Perhaps this will signal common sense among American legislators. Hemp, another non-high inducing strain, is excellent for paper, rope, and other uses. It would be a boon to hard-pressed farmers as it is easy to grow, does not require a high amount of water and pesticides, and easy to harvest.

Whether or not recreational marijuana is legalized is to me, in all serious, irrelevant. Great to make jokes about, but it's the least important to me in finding uses for this natural plant that can grow just about anywhere. I should know -- I got stoned back in '78 on a strain called Mantuskan Thunderfuck, which was grown above the Arctic Circle in Alaska.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.