Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Techno Bowl: Arcade Football Unplugged» Forums » Rules

Subject: Legacy League question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just discovered that the legacy league was out, great work!

One question, can I use kick off return on the opening kick of a half or only after they score.

Also, on weather rolls, there are two abilities for double 1s. Which do I use? Or both?
1 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Spivey
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Toenail21 wrote:
One question, can I use kick off return on the opening kick of a half or only after they score.

You can use it on the opening kick of a half.

Toenail21 wrote:
Also, on weather rolls, there are two abilities for double 1s. Which do I use? Or both?

For the first 5 games of the season, the choice between rain or snow will always be rain. In the post season, choose whichever result is most appropriate for the geographical region. If
either is possible, the home team decides. The SUSHI, for example, are never going to be playing in snow on their home field no matter the time of year.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thing I noticed. Teams seem to run straight into the skill cap really quickly, forcing them to spend on other stuff mostly. I'm not too huge a fan of that, so I'm gonna work on some regression/retirement rules, I'll keep you all posted on that!

Also I'm working out a table for random skill development, because choosing your skills when developing seems wrong to me.
I'm giving a 10% chance of a premium skill, a 70% chance of a regular skill, and a 20% chance of a so-called "Common" skill, which includes the really simple skills like Blitz, Run Block, Route Runner, Block+1, Team Player, and Playmaker.

I really like all the package rules, those are veryinteresting.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
General Kale
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you don't want people choosing their skills, a "necromunda-style" skill system might work well. Divide the skills up, pick the type of skill you want, roll on the chart.
2 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
General Kale wrote:
If you don't want people choosing their skills, a "necromunda-style" skill system might work well. Divide the skills up, pick the type of skill you want, roll on the chart.


That's what we ended up doing. Splitting them into Passing, Offense, Defense, and General.

It works nicely actually.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.