Subject: Everybody is getting in on the Act rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/20/politics/democrats-lawsuit-ru...

The DNC suing Trump and team, alleging Trump, Russia, and Wikileaks conspired to interfere in the 2016 election campaign. 66 page lawsuit.

If nothing else, this might serve to subject Trumps team to discovery, and force them to sit and answer questions, that the House Committee did not have the balls to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
Can Sanders sue the DNC for conspiring with Clinton to interfere in the 2016 primary campaign? Not comparable for actual treason and severity of crime, but still, I wish someone else was doing the suing. The DNC is a pretty shady organization itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Can Sanders sue the DNC for conspiring with Clinton to interfere in the 2016 primary campaign? Not comparable for actual treason and severity of crime, but still, I wish someone else was doing the suing. The DNC is a pretty shady organization itself.

Yeah, I use to think it was a good organization but after what they did to Bernie I left,.....I am a liberal but I could no longer support the DNC as a whole, I'll be voting for candidates I think will make a difference for what I think is right be they (D), (I) or (R).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
At this very moment, GOP planners are reading this (metaphorically) and smiling saying "WE STILL GOT THIS! Send out more Sanders stories!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I think going after Trump aggressively will only hurt them in November. People get fatigued hearing about scandals day after day, and it might backfire on them much like Lewinsky-gate backfired on the GOP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
At this very moment, GOP planners are reading this (metaphorically) and smiling saying "WE STILL GOT THIS! Send out more Sanders stories!"
Yeah, the DNC gave the GOP great material for multiple election cycles. If the DNC wants to cater to the more ethical and honorable part of the electorate, then they shouldn't use the tactics of the lesser. Have they made any reforms to address the concerns of the people who stayed home in 2016 or voted for anyone not named Hillary? If not, then they can't cry about being called out for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep rotating around this thread, and I finally figured out the idea I'm trying to express;

The response of Sanders fans to the Russian sourced and filtered and Wikileaks-released emails is a perfect example of the thing the DNC is suing over and why they're a logical group to sue - as the information was specifically used to defame the DNC and to fracture the Democratic coalition.

I'm not sure it's a good idea (we already know just about anything that will be revealed, that the GOP was intentionally formenting factionalism and that Russia and Assange were trying to undermine the Democrats), but the story and the response in this thread does remind us of how easy this all is and why we need to be reminded constantly that this kind of manipulation was and is going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Cooper
msg tools
mbmbmb
Now this is funny. The DNC dug their own grave by allowing themselves to become a de facto extension of the Clinton campaign. Sorry, you don't get to blame anyone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
Talmanes wrote:
Now this is funny. The DNC dug their own grave by allowing themselves to become a de facto extension of the Clinton campaign. Sorry, you don't get to blame anyone else.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but which you know about (selectively) because of Russian/Wikileaks meddling!

They dug their own grave based on the story released by wikileaks and massaged by the Russians and the GOP. Shouldn't you be at least a little cautious, instead of reveling in self-righteous anger?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
TheChin! wrote:
Can Sanders sue the DNC for conspiring with Clinton to interfere in the 2016 primary campaign?

Non-rhetorical question... who says the DNC isn't allowed to interfere in the primary campaign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
This pisses me off. It's a stupid political stunt. Let Mueller finish his investigation and stop grandstanding. All this is going to do is piss off voters that we need to stay home in November, or piss off voters we need to vote Democrat. I'm very disappointed in Perez's leadership here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D. Williams
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.azquotes.com/quote/1358871
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
Sue_G wrote:
This pisses me off. It's a stupid political stunt. Let Mueller finish his investigation and stop grandstanding. All this is going to do is piss off voters that we need to stay home in November, or piss off voters we need to vote Democrat. I'm very disappointed in Perez's leadership here.

I agree the lawsuit's a silly waste of time, but don't fool yourself. The 'bros are just looking for reasons to be mad, if it wasn't this it would be something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
Bitter acerbic harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:
Sue_G wrote:

I agree the lawsuit's a silly waste of time, but don't fool yourself. The 'bros are just looking for reasons to be mad, if it wasn't this it would be something else.

I'm not a Bernie bro, and I'm annoyed. So the idea this doesn't matter is kind of meaningless. Moreover, I'm much more annoyed about potentially galvanizing Trump supporters to vote in the midterms. I think they like their boy, but that they will stay home for anyone else running. Unless the DNC further sticks their finger in the socket.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly I think everyone's going to forget about this by the next cycle.

I think it's a waste of time, but I can't be annoyed because in one sense they have a legitimate case. It's just irrelevant in the shadow of the bigger federal investigation.

~~~

Sorry for the picking though, I'm thoroughly done with the 'we have to be sure to keep from offending these guys!' trope, so I'm a little jumpy ><

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

Yeah, I use to think it was a good organization but after what they did to Bernie I left,.....I am a liberal but I could no longer support the DNC as a whole, I'll be voting for candidates I think will make a difference for what I think is right be they (D), (I) or (R).

In other words, (D).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.