Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Azul» Forums » Rules

Subject: Placing tiles in a filled row (or just straight to the floor) [ANSWERED] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johnson Orr
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
Pick 'em Up!
badge
You know my methods, Watson.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this has been posted before, I tried searching for something similar and did not see anything.

Let's say I have an empty 5-Tile pattern row and a filled 4-Tile pattern row, filled with blue tiles. For this example. Let's say it is not possible to place any blue tiles in tile pattern rows 1-3, as blue tiles have already been placed on my mosaic on those rows.

I am now forced, as my last pick, to pick up one blue tile. Am I forced to place this tile on my 5-Tile pattern row? Or, can I choose to place it in my filled 4-Tile pattern row, and just have it go to the floor? Alternatively, can I just place the tile on the floor if I want to (I looked through the rulebook and I'm pretty sure you can't do this).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Placing tiles in a filled row (or just straight to the floor)
You are indeed allowed to place it on the floor if you don't want to place it in a row. The only thing you are not allowed to is take multiple tiles of the same colour and place them in different rows during the same turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnson Orr
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
Pick 'em Up!
badge
You know my methods, Watson.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Placing tiles in a filled row (or just straight to the floor)
Thank you! I found it in the rules right after you posted the response:

Pg. 4 "Floor Line"
"Any tiles you have picked up that you cannot or do not want to place according to the rules, you must place in your floor line, filling its spaces from left to right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.